23 - Therapist & Revelations

"Baby...wake up." Chris said and kissed the side of my head as I jolted awake covered in sweat and not able to breath. I groaned when I realized I was having another nightmare. I looked at Chris who I was cuddled against and he sighed.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and Chris just shook his head.

"Sweetie, I think we need to talk about this. You haven't talked about it at all. Do you want to talk?" Chris asked. I shook my head and looked down at my lap after I sat up and leaned against the headboard. "Ronnie, you need to talk to someone. It's going to help you." Chris said and then grabbed a paper from the nightstand. "They gave you this when you left the hospital..."

"Therapists." I said and Chris nodded.

"Call one." Chris said and I sighed.

"I don't want to leave the house looking the way I do." I mumbled.

"All of these will come here." Chris said. I looked down the list and saw a name I knew.

"This who I talked to after mom and dad died." I said pointing to one and Chris nodded.

"We all did..." Chris mumbled and I looked at him oddly. "A few of the Evans clan, myself included went and saw her. The death of your parents hit us all hard." Chris continued and I half nodded. I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Can you hand me my phone?" I asked and Chris handed it to me from the nightstand. I took a deep breath and dialed the number to make an appointment.

🔵 🔵 🔵

I was sitting on the bed when there was a knock on the bedroom door. Dodger perked up as Chris came walking in and there therapist was right behind him.

"Hey, Doctor Emerson, is here. You ready?" Chris asked and I nodded. Chris moved so the doctor could walk in. The doctor grabbed the chair and moved it closer to the bed. I looked at her.

"Can Dodger stay with me?" I asked and she gave a small smile and nodded.

"Of course he can." She said and Chris gave a small smile and then closed the door. The doctor looked at me giving me a small smile.

"So when was the last time I saw you?" Doctor Emerson asked and I shrugged.

"Probably a few months after my parents died when I convinced myself I was over it." I said with a small laugh and she gave one too and nodded.

"So what's going on now?"

"Well...my job -..." I stopped talking, suddenly embarrassed by what I did.

"Safe space Veronica."

"Well I'm an escort." I said and she half nodded writing it down. "The last client I met was an ambush of 3 men. I was raped and badly beaten. They drove me to the hospital when they were done with me and just pushed me out of the car and left me for someone find me there." I said and she just shook her head while continuing to write it all down.

"What happened after that?"

"I don't remember much. I was in and out of it. Chris and Scott showed up and stayed by my side I know that." I said.

"What led you to be living here with Chris?" She asked and I sighed.

"Well, the doctor wanted me staying with someone due to all my injuries and getting around. So Chris was the logical choice." I said.

"Does Scott come to visit? I know you two are close."

"Um...Scott and I aren't getting along right now. We had a falling out recently." I said and looked down at my lap.

"Okay, why don't we talk about that and everything that led up to that." Doctor Emerson said, and I sighed with a nod.

🔵 🔵 🔵

After about an hour the therapist had left, and I had Chris helped me to get the living room while he went grocery shopping. While he was gone, I made a phone call and I just sat waiting for this person to come over.

I sat on the couch with Dodger and I was watching Vampire Diaries. The front door opened and Dodger perked up. He came walking in and looked at me and half smiled.

"Hi." Scott said.

"Hi." I said and he walked over quickly and hugged me, which I accepted.

"I've missed you." Scott said and I nodded as we hugged and then he sat next to me on the couch.

"I've missed you. I'm sorry about the other day." I said and Scott shook his head.

"No, don't do that. Don't take blame. I was a fucking idiot." Scott said and I couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"You were kind of an ass." I said and he laughed. He looked at the screen and groaned.

"Watching Nina making out with someone is so weird." Scott said and I laughed.

"Oh yeah, you know her don't you?" I remembered and he nodded. I then paused the tv and looked at Scott.

"Listen, I called you because I wanted to clear the air with you. What you said the other day has lead to some revelations. Your brother and I have talked practically everything out. I'm sure there is still more to discuss and that will come out with time. I also told Ma the truth...all of it, about my job. She isn't really happy with me but she is good at hiding that fact." I said and Scott nodding.

"So you and Chris talked?" Scott replied and I nodded.

"Yeah, about most of the important stuff. Scott I need to talk to you too. I have talked to everyone involved about this accident except for you." I said and he hung his head.

"Listen, I don't want to bring up too much of what happened because I don't want to bring memories back or anything but I do want to tell you what happened when we got to the hospital." Scott said and I nodded. Chris never told me and I wanted someone to tell me how they found me. "Well when we got in the room and they went over all your injuries I felt my blood boiling, I was so pissed Ronnie. Chris though, I had to convince him to stay because I swear he was about to kill someone. He really took over taking care of you. I don't know why I said he didn't care about you and was going to drop you because he really isn't. He loves you Ronnie and I think being here is the best for him to admit it finally." Scott said and I half nodded.

"Well maybe..." I wasn't going to offer up that we were already having make out sessions some nights before bed and that he was sleeping in bed with me every night.

"You think you two could ever make it work?" Scott asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know Scott, honestly. I think I want to work on my recovery first before I even think about trying to get a relationship." I said.

Truth was I did want a relationship with Chris, but he wasn't wanting to label what we were to each other. He was just wanting for us to be us, and it did concern me. Right now, I did just want to work on my recovery first and foremost then we could work on everything else.