- 5

| Chapter Five — Lucky Ducky |

"You found him?" Mingyu gapes.

Seungcheol had stumbled inside with a smile of disbelief, as if he himself couldn't believe the time had finally come, "The guy we sent out last week told us Minghao was alive before he—" Seungcheol pauses, frowning, "He's been murdered."

Mingyu's gone mute. It seems like he's stopped breathing, "Well—" He blinks, just as disbelieved, "That was fast."

"That's Carmine for ya," Seungcheol chuckles, "If you actually would've been here the past few years, you would've seen just how much better everyone in the gang has gotten. Trust me, you have the right people for this job. Just one is us found your boy already."

"And he was killed," Mingyu reminds him.

Seungcheol freezes, pausing what he was gonna say. He chuckles, scratching his head, "You're right, yeah you're right— Fuck, we're doomed."

"How so?"

"We think Minghao's the one who killed him." Seungcheol says.

Mingyu's eyes fly open, and he walks over, fingertips grazing his desk, "How do you know?"

Seungcheol laughs, shaking his head. This was all such a hard pill to swallow, "Because the fucker mailed his body to us."

Before Mingyu can even get a word out, Hansol's tossing a body inside the room.

Mingyu's killed plenty of people in his life, but never in his 26 years of living has he seen such a death as brutal as this.

It almost makes him gag.

Call him a lightweight in the murder department— as it really had been a while— but the fucking eyes were missing in his follower's head.

It looked like someone had carved them out just for their own pleasure.

"There's—" Mingyu swallows, "There's no way."

"But there is, that's just it," Hansol frowns, "There's.... something else."

"What now?" Mingyu can barely keep up.

Hansol slips something out of his pocket, walking over to place it in Mingyu's hands, "This— it was uh, This was nailed to his forehead when he showed up on our doorstep."

"Nailed?" Mingyu coughs.

"Yeah," Hansol closes his eyes.

Mingyu braces himself, plopping down in his chair to examine what Hansol gave him.

It was just a small sheet of paper, sloppy words written out in what seemed to be blood. But it was all dried now, similar to ink.

The words were messy, as if they had been written with the nail of a dead man's finger.

LEAVE. ME. ALONE.