- 29

| Chapter Twenty - Nine — It's just the facts |

Minghao lets out a gasp when he collides with a body in front of him, both him and the sudden person falling to the concrete helplessly.

"Oh my god!" His eyes go beyond wide, and he blinks away the suddenness of the situation, helping the person stand, "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention and wasn't looking where I was going—"

"It's okay, really." It was Kim Mingyu, staring down at him with eyes that seemed genuine. Sincere.

Minghao sighed, "Sorry about that."

"I'm okay." Mingyu smiled, "You're okay. I think everything's fine."

Minghao laughed alongside him, "Yeah, I hope so. My head's just been a mess today, I don't know what's wrong with me."

Mingyu looked at him.

Minghao let out a breath again, "Jeez, sorry. I'm not trying to load my problems on you."

"It's really okay. No harm done." Mingyu says.

Minghao smiled sheepishly, eyes trailing down. He spots what seems to be a wallet lying on the concrete in which they fell.

He lets out a 'oh', squatting slightly to retrieve it, "Is this yours?" He extends a hand.

Mingyu raises his brows, "Oh, yeah. Thanks for that." He chuckles, "Usually people would just run off with it, y'know."

"Tell me about it." Minghao goes to explain further when Mingyu gives him a confused glance, "I work down at Seongbuk. I'm a detective, so I'm a bit used to that type of stuff."

"Ahh." Mingyu says, "It was good I ran into you than anyone else, yeah?"

"I'm sorry?" Minghao chuckles awkwardly.

Mingyu smiles. He looks like the Devil himself, "Because now I can finally meet the son of those stupid people I murdered,"

Minghao's heart drops, "What?"

"Your parents," Mingyu laughs, cackles, "I killed them. In cold blood. Well, the blood was rather warm if you ask me. God, I can almost taste the copper of it all," He hums, "Delicious."

"W-What?" Minghao's struck, shocked.

"They deserved to be dead," Mingyu snarls, taking a step closer. The whole sky seemed darker now, "And I killed them. Aren't you happy? I did you a favor."

"STOP!" Minghao screams, flinching as they shove pictures of Mingyu in front of him during each shock of electricity that flows through his veins, "S-Stop it! Please!"

Minghao swallowed, twirling around in Mingyu's hold. He faced him now, the lower dip of his back pressing uncomfortably against the countertop, "Someone killed him."

"I know. You told me." Mingyu cocked a brow.

Minghao shook his head, "Someone killed him, Mingyu. It had to have been somebody who saw us that night. Somebody who saw what happened."

"And what exactly happened?" Mingyu asked, disbelieved, "We both know that the only one who did something wrong was that asshole, Minghao." He says, jaw tensing, "He had it coming."

Minghao's face twists, "Had it coming?" He repeats Mingyu's words, disgusted as if he had just tasted the world's worst poison, "Never wish murder on somebody, Kim Mingyu."