- 46

| Chapter Forty - Six — Guess who's back? Back again |

Knives flew through the air, landing on each and every target.

Heart. Chest. Lung. Head.

Shotaro chuckles, patting at Wonbin's shoulder, "Your aim is to die for, Wonbin-ah," He chuckles, "You never miss. Not once," It was insane. Absolutely unbelievable.

"Well, it's not everyday you practice on live targets," Wonbin responds.

And right— Live targets. There was blood absolutely everywhere. The screaming died down as each traitor or rat slowly died, knives impaled straight through 1 of the 5 most important life points.

Carnelian has no remorse.

Just then, an additional voice.

"Center of the brain's more important," It's a woman, Wonbin and Shotaro immediately groan and roll their eyes. The girl walks inside the room, taking one of the knives off the table and flicking it just right, the sound of it going straight through a target's head like music to her ears, "You always hit the temples,"

"We get it, Chaewon. You're an ace in aim, too," Shotaro huffs, "You're not the only special one," He tsks, throwing an arm around Wonbin to scratch at his hair playfully, "Let our newbie have a little fun, won't you?"

Chaewon's face doesn't falter, and she's pushing Shotaro away, eyes on Wonbin, "You need to fix your posture," She says, patting and pulling at his arms and back until he's stood correctly, "You keep missing the center because your back's turned wrong,"

Wonbin shrugs her off, "I'm sorry to let you down, but I know what I'm doing,"

Chaewon rolls her eyes, the scar of an X flaring on the back of her neck as she listens to her own advice, posture as straight as a ballerina. And it all happens so quickly, she's twirling around, throwing the knife quicker than last time.

It flies through the target's head.

All the way through.

Wonbin and Shotaro's eyes fly wide as they watch it hit the wall. Shotaro's jaw drops and Wonbin has to swallow down the sudden intimidation rising up his throat.

"Gross," Wonbin looks away.

Chaewon doesn't let her guard down. She hasn't smiled once, not cocky, not playing games, "If you can't handle gore, then you should get out of here while you still can," She looks him dead in the eye, seeming emotionless, "The last guy we took under our wing didn't end up so lucky. Let that sink in,"

And then she's gone, walking right out of the room as if she didn't just show them both up on their own training time.

"What the hell?" Wonbin shrugs dramatically.

"Ignore her. She's lost it since that guy got killed last year,"

"That guy?" Wonbin repeats, cleaning up his little table as he sorts out all the different types of knives.

"Yeah, they had kind of a thing. He was around your age, actually," Shotaro says, leaning up against the wall, "It's whatever. She's been up our asses ever since— thinking she's better than everyone else, especially at knife throwing," He rolls his eyes, "I shouldn't have even been surprised she'd come here,"

Wonbin stays silent, "What was his name?"

"Why? Do you think you might know him?"

"Well, if he was thrown up in gangs and my age, I might," Wonbin shrugs, "It doesn't hurt to try and see,"