- 14

| Chapter Fourteen — Mad Hatter |

Seungcheol and Joshua are so beyond bored. With their backs against the wall and their minds eased with constant silence, no other emotion besides boredom seemed to describe them.

"How much longer do you think we're going to have to watch this entrance?" Joshua deadpans.

Seungcheol shrugs, "It's been 5 days already. Take a guess." He says, "I'd give Cerise another 3 to barge in here."

Joshua chuckles, "Isn't this all so crazy?"

"What?" Seungcheol blinks.

Joshua scoffs, "Seriously? Minghao?" He rolls his eyes when Seungcheol connects the dots with a high pitched 'ah!', "He was— He used to be so...." Joshua doesn't even know what to say. He hasn't been able to think straight since he saw Minghao standing over a dead man, licking the blood clean off the murder weapon, "He was so sweet."

Now he finds murder sweet.

Wonderful.

It's a wonder there was still a gang. You could only presume Minghao would hit a peak eventually, murdering all his members in their sleep, sending them off to hell in minutes.

Torture was his speciality, after all.

Joshua flinches when someone comes running around the corner. He raises his gun in horror, ready for anything, only to stop when he recognizes a cherry tattoo running along the guy's bicep, "You asshole. Don't do that. You know we're—"

Joshua freezes, eyeing the blood under the man's nose. His eye seemed messed up too— He was presumably the man that Zhang Hao and Riki fucked up to get to Eunchae, but Joshua and Seungcheol didn't know about that yet.

"They're here!" The man screams, pulling the bright red lever that Joshua and Seungcheol were supposed to pull if anything happened, collapsing to the floor once the pain of whatever happened to him finally knocks him out.

A loud alarm strains everyone's ears.

"Shit." Seungcheol stares at the main entrance with his hands covering his ears. The double doors had begun to rattle a little. He turns to Joshua, "Maybe it's just storming?"

The doors burst open, flying right off their hinges. One flies Joshua's way, slamming into him and tossing him clear across the room. He moans in agony, rolling on his each of his sides.

"Shua!" Seungcheol gasps, clawing at the immediate hands on his throat. Kazuha had him in a chokehold, but Seungcheol didn't know who these hands belonged to, only hisses when her nails dig into his throat to cut off his air supply.

"Go!" Kazuha shouts at the members that still remained by her side, "I got these 2!"

What looks like half of the Cerise gang makes their way inside, one man shooting up at the ceiling lights until they start to flicker, giving them all an advantage to run quicker under Carmine's sudden blindness.

"Fuck!" Joshua scrambles to stand, reaching for his gun and at least killing 2 people before helping Seungcheol. He kicks Kazhua in the stomach, the girl falling back to hit the drywall.

Seungcheol coughs, holding his hands to his throat, "You bitch." He spits at the girl as she rises to her feet with a smile they both can see seem to form under the flicker of the lights.

Kazuha twirls her nunchucks, tightening her grip on them. She smiles at the new and improved, much more sharpened nails that she'd screwed into each end again, "I'll only apologize as soon as you bleed." She promises, jumping at them.