28: visit to the court

It's been about two hours, evening was setting in. The Wizard had pulled back to the garden of the house. Sitting on the white bench that had a view over the rose garden. Looking out in silence. He seemed to be thinking deep, the slight frown gave it away.

And that was noticed by Taehyung, who just walked out of the house after not being able to find the other anywhere. He slowly walked over to the man, and for some reason he felt tingles in his stomach the closer he got, why was he getting so nervous?

"Is something wrong? You suddenly disappeared" he asked and sat down next to the raven.

"I had to think," Jungkook replied and sighed. "Are you ready to go now?"

"right now?"

"We shouldn't waste time. Besides, I had already sent a letter announcing my arrival to their halls this evening. It would be rude of me to not show up" he chuckled at the end while standing up. "do not worry. They are not after you, you will be fine. Also,everyone can see you are not from here"

"okay....Yeah...Okay, lets uhm...Lets go '' Taehyung said, trying to relax. Now it got so close he was getting nervous. Was the calm journey coming to an end? Will it turn into chaos now? Will they kill Jungkook? Will they have to run, was he going to be left alone? So many questions he doesn't know how it will go, he doesn't know the ways of this world. He can not predict any outcome with the lack of knowledge he has on this situation.

"Tae..." the raven said, seeing the worry on the other's face. Who looked up at him. "Trust me"

"i know....I do trust you, i really hope it's the right thing"

"I would never hurt you.

-

The two had left the pharmacy and went to the court. A huge building with a golden dome roof, a sun patterned glass shape was on the top radiating the sunlight into the courtroom. This place has to be the most expensive place Taehyung has ever been or seen. The walls were so white he was sure they were cleaned regularly, the floors made from polished marmer that almost showed their reflections. The yellow sun banners hung around the courthall. And then they judge their seats. There were three men sitting above the stage, looking down at them as they walked in approaching the three men. Once they got close enough the middle judge frowned before speaking up.

"Mr Jeon Jungkook.... So it was you who sent the message" the judge stood up and right away everyone was alarmed. The guards blocked the doors and the others around the hall drew their swords or pointed their spears at the wizard.

"Yes, here I am. Like i promised, i brought key evidence to my situation"

"you're still holding on to your innocence? You sure are a stubborn man" the judge looked at Taehyung and he just fell silent. Surprise was all over his face. "you, you're Taehyung? Jungkook, what is this wizardry?!"

"this sir, is Kim Taehyung, from... The other side"

"are you trying to deceive the court? You ares stepping out of line Mr Jeon." the judge sat back down. A frown on his face glaring at the raven. "besides, Humans like him don't belong here, you should bring him back, your verdict is final, your death is inescapable"

"no sir, he is my evidence to prove my innocence.'' Jungkook said and pointed at Taehyung. "This kingdom, their Taehyung, is dead, but this one right here isn't. They are connected, he got his memories now, you just got to give me time to get it out. Let me freely collect the evidence i need." Jungkook sighed seeing the unamazed faces of the others. He took another step closer and his gaze sharpened, even the lights around them seemed to dim along with his emotions. "i am requesting a reopening of the case"

The Judge took a deep breath and unfolded his hands, his eyes sharp as they stared down onto the sentenced 'criminal', he spoke, "you do realize that you are going against a water tight case?" the judge leaned forward over the desk. "the witness SAW you perform the act of murder, yet you refuse to confess or accept this defeat, you just keep running away" the man chuckled, shaking his head and leaning back in his chair. "very well, I will grant you free roaming around the kingdom to gather your necessary things. You get three months. If you haven't returned to present yourself, our next encounter will end with immediate death, no mercy. your death will be our victory if you should mess up.'' The judge stood up and folded his hands in front of his body, the long sleeves falling over his hands. "And so will your guest..... Well then, we will eagerly await your return" A scary grin appeared on his face while he watched the two turn around and leave the hall.

"Jungko-"

"hold that thought until we are outside, '' Jungkook said, guiding Taehyung out of the halls and hallways back to the fresh air. trying to as quickly as possible leave these walls. He got what he needed, but it did not go as he planned. Three months is a long time, but he doesn't have a start until the memories can be awoken. time is not to be wasted. But for now, he probably has some explaining to do, so once they were outside and back on the plaza the human grabbed his arm and turned the wizard to face him.

"Jungkook, what was that back there? we share memories, they will kill me if you fail to gather valid evidence?!"

"Tae, you... all the people are connected in a way, like you and my world you. If one should die the memories will live on in this world, so, when you've entered this world these memories are being kept in your brain, their second host. But you will not know this, they will never be yours or accessible for you by yourself. But i have found a way to break someone's memories and get them out, i can store memories''

"What, store memories?! my memories are not a shop product"

"That's not what I meant. I mean, I can take them out of someone and keep them inside these gems, I replace the stone's element power with these memories. And since i am connected to the world that granted me these powers, i will be able to see these memories when i use the stone"

"you do know this all sounds crazy to me...'' Taehyung chuckled and rubbed his head. "but... okay... i think i sort of get it but... it just seems to impossible for me, i just have to believe you because i don't know"

"I know, I'm sorry I don't have time to show you my whole world and how everything works. you just have to get familiar as we go. I am always here to answer your questions. I'm not going to hide anything from you anymore. especially not now since they involved you"

"about that-"

"don't worry, I will not let them hurt you. I will protect you"

Taehyung looked worried. He was scared to be killed. He liked to have protection but he also didn't want Jungkook to die or get hurt. He needs to help him if felt like he was meant to be here, he was meant to do this. but this future was a scary thing.

"I promise you, I will protect you with my life" he took a hold of taehyung's hand, an action that sent butterflies through their bodies. "you have my word"

---thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!