Chapter 48

Gabriel could feel the steady built up of his anger. It was evident in the way his eyes had changed colours to a sharp gold, his nails extending to claws, digging in his palm as he stared at the people in front of him.

Maria sat equally stone faced, Reuben standing behind her, Elijah beside her, ready to protect her if need be. Rue and Sidra both sat with pale vacant expressions. Thomas and Reuben had both questioned everyone vigorously.

Gabriel had examined everything and deep down he knew none of them knew anything but this was the only lead he had at the moment.

It was Maria who decided to break the silence,

"I don't understand why you assume she ran away, Alpha. Her passport is at home and I know for a fact if she had run away, she would have made sure I knew she was safe because I know my child and she would never leave me worried like this."

Gabriel just gave another one over at the sorry bunch and waved his hand.

"You all may leave."

Gabriel tried to reach out to the fragments of their mate bond and try to feel Carlisia but he felt nothing, his chest constricted a bit, he didn't let his mind wander to the worst.

His eyes travelled to Reuben,

"I want you to go to the Lochans and make them aware of the situation. If they cherish our alliance, ask them to give us full access to their grounds and spare whatever men they can. If they resist, remind them how long our border is and how much they have to lose from someone using my mate to extort us."

Gabriel's eyes then travel to Thomas, while the searchers come up with something, go to the Little Folk and see if they saw anything that may help us. No one is better hidden in the shadows than them."

Thomas nodded.

Both Reuben and Thomas nodded and left. Gabriel stared around the empty room, his worry and guilt eating him away.

He had taken Carlisia's security from her to the point she trusted no one enough to let them in. He had a feeling she had run away but something went very wrong along the way. Has someone kidnapped her? But who?

Gabriel was no stranger to enemies, power was a bloody business and in his short years, he had drenched in it, thrived even.

Now, his past was coming to get him.

Dread settled in the pit of his stomach. He would give everything away but he would get Carlisia back and god help those who lay a hand on her.

Gabriel walked out of the pack house, and welcomed the pain as his bones cracked and he shifted before giving a vicious howl into the sky.

Let them know he was coming.

Let them know he would rain hell on anyone who dared touch his mate.