Chapter 66

Carlisia didn't know how she had managed to walk out of the bathroom with a straight face.

"You look sick, butterfly. Is everything okay?"

Carlisia stared at Gabriel with nothing but malice. He was the reason she had to do this. Risk her life just so she could have one. He was the reason she was forced to trust Carson, the man who had abused her too.

At this point, it was choosing between the smaller enemy.

"That is what days of abuse look like, Gabriel.."

Gabriel arched a brow at her reply but doesn't respond as he nods behind her at the waitress.

The food comes a minute later. It wasn't a surprise that Gabriel knew exactly what she would have ordered, stalking was definitely not above him.

The plate of pancakes looked exactly as they always did, but her appetite was diminished.

She knew what was going to happen.

Carson had pulled a lot of strings to make it so.

She needed to eat the food.

Carefully cutting a small bite, Carlisia puts it into her mouth, trying to find anything off. As she swallowed her mouth instantly felt fuzzy.

By the third bite she was coughing.

By the fourth she had fallen forward, wheezing as her heart finally stopped beating.

Hi guys, super short chapter but I promise I'll make it up to you! Again, I cannot be more thankful for all your comments and love on this story despite it being nowhere perfect. I understand there are grammatical issues here and there but thank you so much for being such an active community!