15 💐

Friday

I'd barely found respite from the exhaustion of yesterday's work at the store when my phone rang abruptly, jolting me awake from the very few hours of sleep I'd managed to steal- another reason why I preferred having my phone on just vibration but Somi wouldn't let me.

I fumbled for my phone, drowsy and disoriented, eyes squinting at the unfamiliar number on the screen. Who is calling this early?

Reluctantly, I answered the call, voice heavy with fatigue. My heart immediately sank at the familiar voice on the other end as they said 'Hello' - Michael!

"Why the hell are you calling me Michael" I'm almost screaming as  sleep disappears from my eyes

"Hey hey hey . . . . that's not a very nice way to say hello after all these months babe"

"Who gave you my contact? Ahh forget it, ofcourse dad did. What do you want?" I was in no mood to drag this conversation any further

"Not what? It's who I want. And the answer will forever be the same Celine Edwards. I want you. You finally got your chance and you ran halfway across the globe to be close to those silly boys of yours? The pretty Chinese boys? And what are you now? A florist? Tsk. . . . . I'm disappointed in you Celine, I expected better. A whole team lead of such a glorious publishing House now cutting flower stems with her pretty and delicate hands? What the fuck is wrong with you?" He takes a deep breath

I should probably end this call now

"Already got yourself another man? Hmm? You know they say Asian men suck in bed right? Wouldn't that be a waste of your virginity? After waiting all these years to taste the good stuff and some pretty boy in a tutu can't even get you curling under this touch..."

If only he knew

"Answer me Celine!. . . ." He's yelling now. "Or am I wrong? Did the bastard fuck you good? Did he make you forget your good morals that you don't even speak to your own father? Ahhh I knew it! You've always had it in you, you cheap little slut. Why don't ___"

"Michael stop!" I yell blinking away the tears as they stung

"Should I now? I waited 5 bloody months for you to come to your senses and come back home_"

Home?

"You never did, instead dad finds out you're running a  cheap grass store and fucking around with those sissies__"

"Dad had someone tail me me like some damn criminal or something?" my dad is doing the most. This is so disgusting

"Whatever you want to call it. We needed to keep an eye on you so__"

"So what? So what Michael? So you can see everything I do? Where I live? Where I work? Who I'm seeing? What is wrong with you two? Leave me the hell alone. Haven't you wrecked my life enough? Hmm? I did all you two asked of me, I was some prized possession for my dad and you. I fuckin lived just for you two. . . . I had no  life of my own. . . . I had no friends! It was all work, you and dad" I'm try to muffle my cries

"And what the fuck is wrong with that? You have me, you have your family, you have work. What else do you want Celine? Any girl would be glad to be in your place. But no! You want to run wild? You want to taste freedom? Tell me are you proud of yourself now? Does freedom taste good? Is that the fuckin reason you're messing yourself up at the club, kissing and fucking that bastard?!" He yells and my blood runs cold as I hear those words.

Bangchan. Kiss. Club
They know

"I __"

"You what Celine?" He snaps shutting me up "we saw you, the video captured everything, tell me now, was the sex that night? the bastard fucked you good didn't he?" He chuckles mockingly "You disgusts us Celine, you in that skimpy dress, looking like a cheap whore, swaying your filthy body and giving yourself to that idiot. If that's what you want then fine! Go on and enjoy your life. Dad's called back the guy so no one will follow you around anymore, he did that to be sure you were safe but well. . . . you sure are safe aren't you?"