31

The crisp night air greets us as Joshua parks the car in our driveway. He helps me out, guilding me gently towards the house. It feels so different coming home after  such an ordeal; the warmth of the familiarity seems oddly comforting.

Finally home after 18 days.

"I'll see you tomorrow lover girl, sleep well and hug him close" Somi says waving from her car.

"Stop worrying about me and see a Doctor, you work in a hospital and yet you're still sick" I scold her teasingly as she drives away.

Entering the room, Joshua tailing behind with my boxes. I'm stunned by the changes. Freshness envelopes the space - new curtains adorn my windows, new linens, an aromatic diffuser plugged in and an array of fresh blooms. My emotions surge as I turn to Joshua, he's leaning on the door frame, our eyes locking. He approaches, clasping my hand gently. "You did this?" I ask holding his gaze.

He brings my hand to lips, kissing my knuckles "I wanted you to come home to a clean and fresh room"

I can't hold back as my heart swells with gratitude at his thoughtfulness and kindness.

"Thank you . . . Thank you so much Shua" I whisper, hugging him tightly. He smiles at the nickname and I stand on my toes to peck his lips.

His smile melts my heart- just like always. Joshua Hong will always make me melt. "Hungry?" he asks, steering the conversation towards dinner.

"Yeah, you can just order takeout. Pasta please?" I request and he chuckles.

"I knew you'd ask for that. Thankfully I bought some ingredients. I'll rather cook you something. How about a quick spaghetti Aglio e Olio?" He suggests with a grin.

I nod, like a toddler promised some extra cookies. "You know for you I'd chew sheets of paper and it'd all be delicious" I joke mirroring his expression as my eyes linger on his lips.

I want to kiss him.
I need him to kiss me.
However, we need to kiss. I survived so I could taste his lips again.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks interrupting my silent mediation.

I don't respond, I place a hand on his firm chest, stand on my tippy toes and plant my lips on his for a quick kiss. His hands surround my waist holding me in place to deepen the kiss. The warmth of his body and feeling of lips rouses different feelings within me. Bringing  a rush of emotions - relief, love, safety and gratitude all mixed together in a poignant and heartwarming moment.