30

As the hospital door creaks open, my eyes open slowly. Light spills across the room, blinking against the brightness, I survey my surroundings - I'm still here, ugh!  The room feels unusually spacious, the bed beneath me doesn't resemble the  typical hospital bed, more like a soft cloud cocooning my body. On a nearby table, an array of gifts-flowers, stuffed animals, and a sea of cards fill the space bringing color to the clinical white of the room. Potted plants stand guard by the window, I smile at the comforting touch of nature - it definitely seeks me out, even in my current situation.

Attempting to recall the events that led me here only adds to the haze of my thoughts, a mix of confusion and pain. My body feels worn, my mouth bitter, and I try to sit up, a sharp ache in my stomach makes me run my fingers over my abdomen where the wound lingers, bringing forth tears I cannot contain. Nothing happened right?

Suddenly, Somi bursts into the room, Jeonghan tailing closely behind, she envelopes me in a hug, a faint trace of tears in her eyes. My eyes scan the room and settle at the entrance, hoping to see that one person walk in. Somi following my eyes, let's out a small laugh.

"He didn't abandon you Lyn....... He was  barely alive all the time you were in ICU.  He's right outside. Dr Lee said we should come in two's so when we leave, he'll come in mm?"  She teases, kissing my cheek before using a finger to wipe the tears which were already threatening to fall from my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Jeonghan asks, concern evident in every syllable. A hint of concern etched on his face as our eyes meet in a brief, intense gaze.

"I feel like crap but I'm okay, I guess" I reply weakly and I notice his gaze drifting and settling on the tender spot on my stomach where the  wound is sending pains waves through my body - did something happen? I caress the spot and he lifts his eyes to meet mine, he holds my gaze with an unfamiliar expression on his face.

"What do we stuff you with? I'm in no mood to cook, I literally can't stand the smell of homemade food anymore. Should I order some food for you?" Somi asks and Jeonghan turns away.

"C-can I have some Yoghurt? And donuts please?" I tell her my cravings trying to push the look on Jeonghan's face out of my mind.

"That's exactly what BangChan said you'd ask for" she responds looking away from the sea of cards on the table. "Come on Hannie, let's go get some food for your brother's wife" she adds, dragging him out of the room, turning to wink at me before the door closes. I know it's her plan to grant Joshua and me some privacy.

Joshua enters almost immediately, and  our eyes mee, freezing the air around us. He stops right in his tracks, holding my gaze. I don't know how much time passes but he remains there, unmoving with a hand on the door handle, and eyes on mine.

"P-please don't turn away" I plead as eyes begin to water. Again. 

As he approaches, I take him in, wearing simple black sweats and a white tee, he looks breathtaking even though he looks like he hasn't closed his beautiful eyes in a century - he'd always be perfect in my eyes but my baby looks so tired. I begin to worry about myself, do I look presentable enough? In nothing but a blue hospital gown with unruly curls framing my face. He walks to me and tries to sit on the chair beside the bed, I hold his hand and shake my head.