Chapter 14: Fractures and Faith

Song Credits: ILLENIUM - Fractures (feat. Nevve) 

Italic - Importance/Texting //// Bold - Emphasis/Texting //// ' ' - Whispering/Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

(TW: Blood, Breaking Bones, Healing process)

______________________________

I wake up, strangely I was dressed in my clothes, but they seemed... Clean. Like someone had cleaned them when I was asleep.

I also spot my beloved reading a book, while I happen to notice the small, annoying creature, named Screech, watching some sort of show on the unused TV in the bedroom.

It looked like that one show about ponies. What was it called again? Anyways, I've always seen that show as a kid, but now? It was sort of nostalgic for me.

Seek notices me up. "Morning, Skyler. How did you sleep?"

I use a hand gesture, hand twisting to signify that I slept okay. "I'm good, how about you?"

He eyes me. "I'm good, now that you're up."

Screech gags as we kiss, me narrowing my eyes at him. 

"No-one forced you to be here." 

Seek seemed amused at our little fight, trying his best not to laugh at my face. I find my phone charged,

'He charged it for me. He's definitely a keeper...'

I decide Youtube works to solve my boredom. I find a video of Royale High from ItsFunneh. It was the Halloween one, where they went to Wickery Cliffs.

I realize that the boys want to watch as well, so I make room for Seek and Screech to sit by me. I hit play and we watch the video, laughing at some parts.

I smile to myself. 'I'm glad to take a break. Especially with my new friend and boyfriend, as well...'

______________________________

We were walking, making conversation with each other. I and Seek were back on our journey, Screech seemingly joining us at some point, but said that he had something important to do.

I was sad that he was leaving, but he hugged my leg, saying he'll be back later on, so I felt better afterwards.

We were discussing favorite colors when Rush is heard coming our way. Seek picked me up, putting me in the closet. I notice that he wasn't joining me.

"Seek? Why aren't you hiding with me?" The look he gave me was heart wrenching. 

"I'll try to see if there is any exits around real quick. Be safe short stack."

"But I-" Seek looks down at me, my eyes said it all. Heartache. He sighs out. "I'll be right back soon, please stay here love, I can't afford to lose you..."

He then kisses my head, looks at me one more time before shutting the dresser doors, and I look through the crack of it, watching as he looks back at me, then he runs off.

'My heart hurts a lot. Why am I feeling like something bad will happen though?'

I squeak as Rush comes into the room, me keeping the doors tightly shut, holding my breath as he zooms by, leaving glass shattered everywhere.

I finally felt it was safe to exit my hiding spot, so I leave it, careful of the glass on the floor from the broken lights. 

I hop around the room, entering a dark room in search of a lever to open the gate. I don't see the small creature at all, me missing the smaller entity's pssting sounds as I try to find him in the dark.