Chapter 28: Fire and Determination

Song Credits: Vicetone - Walk Thru Fire (feat. Meron Ryan)

Italic - Importance/Texting //// Bold - Emphasis/Texting //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

___________________________

We laugh like goofy morons at our dancing skills, Seek bowing me by him. I smile as we stop dancing and feel him kiss my head real quick.

"Okay, okay. Enough distractions, are you ready to continue now? Even though that was quite fun." I say to him.

Seek looks down at me. "Yeah, it was. But you're right, let's go now." I turn off the song, kinda forgetting about it playing.

We grab hands, and with heavy hearts we open the greenhouse door, me swallowing at seeing my trail of old blood that dried up since.

Seek notices the mess, diverting my eyes to him. "Hey, look at me, okay? Just ignore it..." He kisses my mouth and holds my hands close to his chest, as I smile uneasily.

He breaks away, and we make eye contact while I turn light red on my face. Seek smiles in return, hugging me close to his body.

Soon we make it past the uncomfortable scene, seeing the good old Door 100. And knowing the last time I was here, I had gotten traumatized for life.

Scared of the next few steps, I hold on tightly onto my beloved's hand as we walk into the Electric Room. Oddly it was vacant of any messes, like someone or something had cleaned it up.

Attempting to breathe steadily as we make it to the lever door. Seek looks at me, waiting for my next move. "Ready to leave the hotel?"

I nod shakily. "Yeah, but can I wait in the breaker room? I'm scared of last time happening again..." He nods back his eye scanning my worried face, letting me flee to the breaker room.

I get inside of it, the running hurting my side some. Then I wait for when it's time.

___________________________

Soon I hear the doors opening, and the Figure's roaring, worried for Seek's life. I turn my eyes to the door, waiting for anything to bust in.

Nothing happens.

Deciding to look for the switches, I tiptoe outside again, not seeing either entity in sight. My eyes drift to the side, not knowing what was happening to make it go silent suddenly.

Then I feel something touch my arm, making me jump out of my skin. I turn around to see-

Seek was gesturing to me. "Hey I found some switches, let's get the rest of them, okay?" I smile when he kisses my forehead gently.

We were being quiet whenever our threat was near us, and I manage to get the rest collected, and we make it back to the room, me setting them inside where they belong.

We both hear Figure roaring in anger of not getting us. Seek asks me, "Hey, are you able to do the puzzle? I need to distract him, okay?"

I nod, uneasy of his plan. "Okay, be safe out there..." My blue eyes look sad. He ruffles my hair.

"Don't worry, you have a strong boyfriend who can protect himself. But for you, I'll try my best not to die." I watch as he leaves me alone, both to my thoughts and actions.

'I just hope that he'll be okay, especially after what happened to me last time...' I grimace thinking about it, deciding to keep doing what I was told.

Doing the breaker puzzle, and not do anything reckless again.

___________________________

(Seek's POV)

I breathe steadily in and out, on my knee watching Figure as he walks around for us. Knowing it wouldn't be very long until that changes, I decide to distract him while my Inkrose does the puzzle to activate the elevator.

Eye narrowing, I come out from behind him. 

"Seek. What're you doing in Door 100? This is my domain, remember?" 

I fiddle with my claws. "Just got a little held up, deciding to visit my best friend. Soooo, what're you doing?" I twist the question back at him.

"Hmm, there is a human here, correct? And word spreads fast around here. Rush told me that you were... Mating the human here, is that right?"

My eye widens, then goes to a pissed look. 'When I find that smiling bitch, I swear-'

"No, why'd you think that, I hate humans too as do you guys, remember?" 

Figure mocks me. "Then why do I smell her on you?" I hear something quiet. Skyelle calls for me, seeing him with me.

She looks terrified. I might've just died right there when he says, "I know she's here. You didn't come alone, and plan on helping her escape."

I back up slowly. "Eh heh, why would you say that?" Then he swipes his claw at me, making me dash off to the breaker room.

I close the door, hugging her close. "Don't worry, we'll do this. We'll escape together, and in one piece, okay?" Her sobbing might've broke my heart.

If I even had one.

___________________________

Seek shushed me, petting my head. I was scared of dying, and not seeing him again. Figure was pissed. He knew that Seek was with me, and that meant trouble.

I finally speak up in a quiet voice. "Are we confident that we'll be fine? I mean I don't wanna see any of us get harmed."

He says to me something that made me look up at him. "Well, it won't hurt to try, right?" His claw reached for me, and I take it in my hand tightly.

We finish up with our lovey dovey moment, and I fling the door open, and we find ourselves in a huge pickle. Fire. Everywhere had it, and we had a slight chance to make it through.

Figure was coming our way, making us run from him. I trip on a cord, making Seek stop and grab me up into his arms.

I feel blood coming out of me, and had a few burns on my face, and Seek looks down at me as he runs us through the fire.

"Don't worry! We'll make it, just a little bit farther!" He speeds up the stairs, looking behind us. His friend didn't seem happy at the current situation below us.

Angry roaring was heard right behind us, and we barely get inside the elevator, making it inside, watching as he bangs on the metal door. 

"SEEK! You'll pay for this! Everyone will hunt you two down, as long as you're here." His eye looked sad as we go down in the elevator, sighing and sitting with me in his arms.

"Seek? What's going to happen now?" I whisper worriedly to him.

He sighs sadly, looking forward with a tired eye. "I don't know. I really don't..."