Chapter 21: Someday, We'll Meet Again

Song Credits: TheFatRat & Laura Brehm - We'll Meet Again

Italic - Texting //// Bold - Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

(TW: Blood, Almost Dying, Broken Bones)

___________________________

I see the huge lever in front of the two huge doors, making me pull it. After all, what did I expect to happen when I do? Nothing.

Until I hear the roaring noise from above me, and I tilt my head up. Eyes widened in fear of who it was. The Figure. But what was he doing here?

All that mattered was moving, but my fear freezes me in one spot.

Then he roars again, stomping down the stair case. making me back up. He swings a clawed hand out, and I shriek out of terror, narrowly escaping his attack.

I run in the opposite direction, scared out my mind. I turn around while doing so, jumping and screaming from how close he was getting to me.

Suddenly I make it around the corner, afraid of where to hide. I see a door locked, and I use my lock pick on it, turning quickly to see the threat coming closer.

Finally unlocked, I dodge inside a new room, slamming the door behind me. Breathing out quickly, I swallow my fear down.

Looking around the room, I spot a huge breaker box. I open it, seeing the boxes gone. I groan out in frustration at my dilemma.

"Ugh, where are they at? Now I need to go back out there to find them..."

___________________________

The shelves down here had many boxes on them, which were what I needed. I pick them up, scrambling to hide when Figure gets near me.

Getting inside of a closet, I breathe quietly. 'Gosh, I'm so close to dying here!'

Seemingly tired of looking for me, he turns around, going in the other direction of my hiding spot. I sneak outside, looking for anything that could help me against my foe.

Except there was only shelves down here, nothing useful in my sight.

Running to the breaker room again, finally having what I needed, I close the door again. Opening it up, I put the pieces where they belong...

...only to find out that it was some sort of puzzle for me to solve. Groaning out, tired of all that I was facing here. However I hear him outside, banging on the door.

I back up, tripping onto my bottom. I was having a flashback of when Seek and I had first met...

___________________________

(Memory)

I slowly make eye contact with it, whilst getting on my knees, and watched as it got more and more restless with it being all chained up.

However, I didn't expect it to talk to me.

"What're you think you're doing, human?"

I yelp and land on my flank, surprised and questioning what the hell I just heard...

___________________________

(Memory)

"Yes. I... Might have feelings for you, gosh. Please don't laugh..." I put my head down sheepishly, making myself feel like a fool in front of him.

I expected a witty comment in return, or for him to say that demons can't fall in love with a human. But what happened next shocked me...

___________________________

I had my hands on my face, covering it. I had started crying earlier, upset that I had chosen to leave my boyfriend behind.

"Why, oh why??! I should've never yelled at you! Now you're gone. You'll never love me again..."

However I didn't see the eye watching me, or know the person behind it watching me pour my broken heart out. I was suffering from my decisions that I've made.

Or, well, past me made.

'Well, I guess time to continue my journey. I just want to go home now...'

___________________________

I scream out of my lungs, afraid of dying to the Figure. He swings again, making me duck under him. I trip myself by accident, slipping on my stomach, opening my wounds some more.

I cringe out of pain. Blood everywhere, my blood was smeared all over the ground now. I wrap an arm around my side, feeling a wet substance that was obviously red.

I then feel something dig into my bottom half, making me scream my soul out in torturous pain because of it. I curl up into a ball, ready to die and accept my death until...

___________________________

(Seek's POV)

I then rush my speed. Making me spring into action...

I crash through the door, falling over myself, but catch myself on my feet quickly. I watch as Figure towers over her, ready to kill her.

He digs into her skin, her screeching out in pain, making her bleed out.

My eye widens. "NO! You won't kill the woman that I love!"

He turns to me. I see Skyler on the floor, looking in surprise at me. I hurrily rush over to her side.

"Hey, hey. Stay with me. Where does it hurt?"

She looks up at me, blood on her face. "Everywhere. I-I can't feel my body. It's like I'm broken..."

I put a hand on her face reassuringly. "Don't worry, I'll never give up to save you. And no. I'm not staying behind here, I'm going with you."

She puts her hand on mine, cradling her head in mine. She rubs it on her face. "I love you, I can't deny it anymore. I love you with all of my heart, Seek. I cannot live without you..."

I kiss her forehead. "I love you too. I... Am sorry for saying those things before, I just didn't want to lose you. And now.. I'm about to."

___________________________

My eyes water seeing him here. Risking his safety for me. The Figure backs up, giving us space. He seemed... Sad to have hurten me.

I cough up more blood. It really did hurt to breathe, to live now. But at least I had gotten to see my beloved once more. But unfortunately it might won't be the happy ending that I wanted.

Seek holds me in his lap, scared to lose me. His confession gave me some sort of hope that I would end up living, but I was beyond fixing...

___________________________

(Memory)

I smile weakly. "And how much do you guarantee that you'll be able to heal me?"

"I guarantee that I can indeed spend my time in helping you get better, over anything else."