Chapter 64: Caught in the Deep End

Song Credits: William Black - Deep End

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

🎶 Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. Did I fall or did I jump? Could you pull me right out of the deep end? 🎶

___________________________

I wake in my husband's arms, feeling icky from crying a lot last night. My mom was still asleep in her bed. Nuzzling into his warmth for comfort, I remember what happened yesterday.

We left vacation early to check on my mom who was currently in the hospital. Because of a stupid sickness that came back.

Seek's eye was still closed when I lean back again. I carefully hold his face in my hand. He was too good for me. And Skyfall. She and I didn't deserve all the love he gave so willingly.

My eyes drift away, looking at the bed. My mother was sleeping, and for the first time I felt guilty about not telling her that I moved away.

She didn't want to lose me, that's why she was so overprotective towards me growing up. Sure she didn't mean to push me away, either way it stung.

Feeling movement behind me, I turn to see that my beautiful lover was awake. "Good morning love." He kisses my head gently as I fall into his warm embrace.

"Thank you for doing this for me. I know it was sudden to ask for-" He cuts me off with a sudden kiss. "It's alright Inkrose. Any of your family is mine now." I blush. 

Then I speak up, "As are yours. I love being your wife so much. It's what made me so happy was getting to have a child and marry the demon of my dreams..." 

His eye wrinkles happily. Hugging me close as we embrace the other in comforting silence. "I'm glad to be with you. I'd take it over any other demon."

I look over and see that mom's awake. We make eye contact, and she smiles at us. Then she attempts to sit up, making me rush over to help.

"Careful. I don't think you should use too much strength." My eyes look worried. Her reply is, "Thank you Skye." We hug as I start crying again. I sit on my knees as we hug each other.

Seek's hand places itself on my shoulder as I wipe my tears. "Agh, I can't keep myself from crying, can I?" A hand holds mine. Mom's. "It's okay to cry Skyelle." I smile a bit, before it disappears from my face.

"I'm going to go get something real quick, be right back love." Kissing my head, he leaves the room and us alone. "You two are adorable. As long as he treats you well, I have nothing against him."

My blue eyes look away some. "He's- he's amazing to me. I wouldn't want anyone else." Then they dart back. She's smiling still. "That's good."

"He even convinced me to leave our vacation early to see you." I speak before she does. "And no, it's not important. Not as important as my family is."

The door opens, and there's my husband and daughter who was sleeping in his arms. He looked down at her affectionately, shortly after shutting it again.

"Farah dropped her off with me. She most likely missed us." Taking my child from him, I smile at my daughter's sleeping form. 

___________________________

(Seek's POV)

Skyelle was quite upset when we had arrived at the hospital her mom was admitted to. So when she started sobbing by her mother's side, I was there to hold her.

Her poor heart couldn't take anymore. First me leaving her, to her parents fighting with us, and now with her mom being sick.

So when I brought our daughter over to her, her beautiful eyes lit up as she held the sleeping demoness. Her mom smiled as she watched her daughter calm down with our child.

I knew that once everything was gone, that I'd be the one to keep her heart together with it all. 

Eventually the doctors tell us to leave so her mom could have a check up. Skyfall wanted out by her glowing eyes. Skyelle didn't want to part already. I held onto her as we left.

Her sobbing made my heart ache. As soon as we were in the car, I held her still as she wept. I knew that she was clinging onto her parent, as to be afraid about her sickness harming her even more.

"Oh Seek... My heart hurts. My everything just has to fall apart. I'm afraid of not seeing her again." I shush my wife, kissing and I hugged her when she finally breathes normally once more.

"Do you want anything to eat that'll calm you down love?" She sniffles. "Ice cream?" I reply to her, "Of course. You need it after all of this."

So I bought her ice cream, and she blushes from embarrassment. But I told her it was my treat. She then thanked me, and ate it slowly.

Eventually we get home, and she falls on the bed, hair a mess. Shadow was in her bed now, so I sit by her. "Hug?" She asks. I nod and take her in my arms, purring.

Watching her fall into mush in my arms, I ask her, "Better love?" Her nod is small. "Thank you. I understand that I might be overthinking this."

Answering her. "No, you have every right to be upset Inkrose. We'll see her whenever we're allowed tomorrow. But for now, do you want to watch something?" 

She gets up from my hug, replying right away, "Yeah. We can. Let me get my phone." Skyelle grabs it, and reads a text on the screen. "Oh..." She sounded nearly choked.

That didn't sound good. "What is it?" 

Skyelle chokes out a response. "They're- taking her away from me and dad is with her. She's going to another hospital. It got worse..." 

I take her arms in my claws, speaking to her. "Do you still need comfort my love?" Her nod doesn't have to tell me twice. Right now, she just needed me. And for God I was never taking this chance for granted again. 

I've already lost her before. I wasn't going to let her go a third time. 

___________________________

Shutting off my notifications, I put my heavy thoughts aside. I don't need anymore stress. So with another comforting session from my beloved, I finally manage enough strength to wake up.

Wincing at my arm's sudden jolting, he was right there to greet me awake. "Did that nap help Inkrose?" I nod. "Surprisingly, it did." I laugh when he makes a face.

Going back to normal, his eye looks affectionately at me. He tackles me into the bed, and I burst out laughing from the sudden move. "What was that for?"

Teasingly he says, "Making sure you're still Skyelle, not some imposter." I pout. "I'm very much me." Then a smile appears on my face. "Boop." I boop where his nose would've been located. 

Swatting me away with his claws, I stick my tongue out, taking out my phone, heading to Youtube, desperate to watch anything right now. 

Deciding on a gaming video from KREW, a game I recall very well. Goose Goose Duck. Like Among Us, but with birds.

At some point he joins in watching with me, with me placing it closer to him to see better.

That night we just watched many videos together, relishing in the silence with something playing.