Chapter 62: Golden and Flowers

Song Credits: Pop Mage, Petricor - Golden Hour (feat. Emy Smith)

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

It's time for the wedding, and with Skyfall's blessing, she allows her other half to be happy. But of course she'd still want to spend time with her now shared husband.

___________________________

My eyes take myself in as I look into the mirror. I look alright on the outside, but inside I was a whole mess. Today was the day. The day where I'd ride into the sunset with my prince charming.

Or whatever girls my age call it. I was unsure if Skyfall wanted to share a husband with me, until 2 days ago she admitted that she loved him too.

My smile when she admitted it made her embarrassed, and she was flustered whenever I teased her about it. But of course I was just happy that she wanted this as much as I did.

Aunt enters the room, gasping. "You look lovely Skyelle." She assists by putting my hair up. I smile nervously. "Really?" She hums. "You really are. I'm so happy for you..." We hug, and tears fall.

"Now c'mere, let's dry these tears. It's a very moving moment in life, and now you will be happy, happier than ever." My blue eyes light up. "Do- do you think he'll love it?"

Her smile appears. "Of course. What kind of husband would he be if he didn't love it?" The door opens, Farah entering. "Oh my goodness, look at you!" I blush.

"Well, shall we maid of honor?" Interlinking arms, we laugh and tell stories as we walk. Soon the doors will open, and I will soon be married to my darling demon.

Aunt kisses my cheek. "I'll be waiting for you out there. Good luck." Farah nods at me. "Ready?" Sighing out, "Yes."

___________________________

I fiddle with my pocket. Figure stands behind me. "I'm so proud of you friend." My eye smiles. "Thanks." Farah then walks down the aisle, flowers in hand. Next was her.

Gasps of the crowd make me look up. My eye widens. She was extravagantly stunning. She blushes when we make eye contact.

The speeches start when she stands across me. "I do." My claws just want to grab her up and kiss that beautiful woman already.

She says meekly. "I do." 

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife!" Rings now handed out, I grab her waist, and shove my mouth against hers. The crowd cheers as I let her down.

Gasping for air, "I love you." I lean my forehead against hers. Purring quietly, "Love you too love..." We get interrupted by a crying Screech.

"I love you two so much!" We laugh. Hers making my heart grow even bigger. "You too son. Now, who wants some cake?"

___________________________

Slicing into the cake was both incredibly messy and fun. We both had smiles on our faces, and I take some on a fork.

Feeding each other cake, I laugh when he licks my mouth, pressing another kiss to my lips. We groan as he pants. "More..." I get out.

Unfortunately we get interrupted as Farah and Figure come by, my daughter in her arms. "Hey you two. I'd assume this one is yours?" Shadow babbles, hugging me when I take her.

Seek watches us, and I hug him too. Screech joins in, and I smile. I loved my family so much. I wouldn't do anything to give them up.

Eventually we go out into the actual courtyard, music playing on speakers as Seek introduces me as his wife to new entities that I never met.

"Ah, Blitz. This is my wife." What looked like a green Rush nods as I stand by my husband's side. "Nice to meet the famous Skyelle that he mentions."

I blush. "Really now?" Seek explains. "Blitz actually is friends with my parents. He was one of the entities that were there during the meeting."

I smile. "Well, nice to meet you." Waving as we walk away, I'm surprised to get hugged by mom. "Mom! You made it!" She tears up. "That's my growing baby girl." 

Dad is also there talking to... Seek's dad? It seems that they weren't trying to fight, so that's good. They actually seemed like old friends.

Me and Mom catch up for a bit as my husband walks off, probably meeting other entities. She smiles as I talk about how we would be going to a nice resort for our Honeymoon.

"I'm just glad that you're happy. We didn't make you very happy, huh?" I sniff. "It's- it's fine mom. I kinda got over it." She shakes her head. "No, it's not. We should've been more supportive to you."

I take her hands in mine, eyes tearing up. "Stop. Don't beat yourself up over it. You're changing! You love Shadow as much as we do. You've accepted Seek as family."

We hug, and she shakes. I exhale. "I love you mom." She responds back. "I love you too Skye. I am lucky to have had you." After a bit she gets up, excusing herself.

As soon as I look around, I get whisked away by Seek. "What's made my girl cry like that?" I hum. "Just having a talk with my mother." He kisses my head.

"Hey, I love you. You know that?" My eyes light up as we dance to the music. Better Place by Rachel Platten plays next. I sing with it some,

"I'll tell the world, I'll sing a song. It's a better place since you came along. Since you came along."

He whisks us away, my dress twirling in the gentle wind. All is forgotten as I sing my heart out to my only audience. This beautiful, kind, loving husband of mine.

"Your touch is sunlight through the trees. Your kisses are the ocean breeze. Everything's alright when you're with me. And ah, you're my favourite thing.

 Ah, all the love that you bring. Well, it feels like I've opened my eyes again. And the colours are golden and bright again.

There's a song in my heart, I feel like I belong It's a better place since you came along. It's a better place since you came along..."

His eye shines. "You've got a beautiful voice. One of the things I adore the most..." I smile bashfully. "Mhm, and you're handsome."

Hugging me close as we sit. I get cold, making him give me his jacket. "Thanks." He hums. "Don't want you to freeze." I lean against his side, claws carefully holding my arm.

Sighing, "Hmm, I'll always remember this day." He looks around, just as content as I felt. "As well, my dear Inkrose." 

I close my eyes as he runs his claws through my hair, carefully messing with my now messy bun. The music switching to a calmer song.

My heartbeat matches his. Both of them beating in harmony. Our daughter laughing with her grandmother, mom just giving her attention as we rested. Screech was just chatting with our friends. 

That was all that mattered most.

We were both happy.