Chapter 27: Of Rain and Memories

Song Credits: Laura Brehm - The Rain

Italic - Texting //// Bold - Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

___________________________

I sigh out in exhaustion. We long left the closet earlier, and every time I even glance at him, he'd wink a flirt at me.

Redness obvious on my face, I grab another portrait off the wall. What did they need to be rearranged for, I don't know why.

Seek helps me swap their places, looking occasionally at my face. "Are... Are you okay? Or is this place getting to you?" 

I swallow, glancing over once more. "Sure, it's not. I'm just homesick right now. And maybe I'm terrified of the world now. I got so used to this place, and leaving it feels wrong somehow."

I feel him hugging me, letting him just embrace me. Heaven knows that I needed it too. Everything was happening so quickly, and my head hurt from all of it.

 Seek then asks, "Okay, rest assured, are you feeling better yet? Or do we need somemore time?" His eye looks concerned for me.

Nodding slowly, I tell him, "I'm fine, I just want to continue now. It hurts you to see me this way, yet, I say we should just go again. It's nothing that'll stop me..."

Seek sighs, deciding to let me go, then he stands me up on my feet. He still doesn't let go of my hand, intending on keeping them together.

I finish the swapping of the artworks, a secret door revealing itself from behind a wall that moves away. My gaping mouth made him chuckle.

"Yeah, it really is something, huh? But not as amazing as me, your beloved boyfriend." I punch him jokingly while laughing, walking through the entrance.

Seek takes notice of me leaving. "Wait! Wasn't that funny? You know, my comment about it?" I smile at him, waiting for my lover to catch up.

"And you were supposed to be the fastest monster here? What happened to getting closer to me? Huh, Seeky? With your eyes everywhere, I'm surprised you haven't seen anything... Spicy yet."

He narrows his eye, grabbing me from behind. I squeal when he tickles me out of nowhere. 

"Okay, okay! I admit defeat here, please stop." His laughter fills my ears, making me join in with him. He stops tickling me.

"Good, now, let's not waste anymore time, shall we?" Reaching an arm out, letting me grab onto it. I giggle at his sudden flirtyness.

"Yes, we shall my kind sir." He wraps an arm from behind me, deciding to keep it on my hip. I lean some onto him, feeling content with it.

___________________________

We continue walking through the hallways, doors and entities in a blur. Yet it seems that someone blabbed on us, as everyone there kept going where we were at.

Seek obviously had something that he wanted to say, as in to make it better for us. He kept trying to make me laugh, succeeding in tidbits.

"Hey, it's okay. At least you have someone there for you, right? Somebody that cares a lot about you." I nod, not really listening in.

___________________________

I was currently humming a song, not remembering exactly the name of it, but Seek seemed to be joining me at some point.

Then he says something that catches my attention. "So, we're near the courtyard, if you were wondering. That means we can leave, isn't that great?"

"Yeah, it is. No-one to ever threaten our existence again, sharing a house together, and being by each other's side through it all..." I smile some at it.