2 - The First Step

I waited at the bus stop. I pulled out my phone to check the time. It should be here any moment now. I took in the cool breeze. The sun was bright and the sky was blue.

Simply put, this was a nice day.

I went into an asian squat as I set my book bag on the floor. It had everything I needed so it had quite the weight to it.

I caught the sound of an engine moving closer with every passing second. I turn my head to the road ahead and saw the bus had finally arrived.

"There it is." I muttered as I got up. "It's later than usual."

As it stops, I could see my friends in the back having spotted me.

I entered and raised a hand, greeting the bus driver.

The bus driver greeted me with a nod.

Walking down the aisle, I passed all the other students that were on the bus to get towards the back of the bus. This was one of my two best and only friends.

"Hey! What's up, John!" I said, raising my arms to the side.

"Hey, Lucas!" He said.

We both raised a hand and dapped each other up. He took his bag off the seat next to him which was to save me a spot. I sit down.

This is Johnson Cloud. My best friend. I met him in middle school and we've been friends since. It's been 4 years now. Time sure flies.

Before him, it gets a bit hazy but I did have one before they had to move away. Haven't seen or heard from them since.

Johnson has caramel-brown hair that was unkempt. He has sharp blue eyes. This guy, in my 4 years since meeting him, he has never done his hair. His hair is in a constant state of bed hair. It covered his forehead.

"Where's El?" I asked.

John gave me a strange look, like he knew something.

"Don't look at me like that, John. She's my only other friend." I replied.

John let out a swift exhale from the nose and a little smile appeared. He pointed behind him.

I looked over at the seat right behind us. El was sitting behind us, a small glare in her face.

Damn. Am I blind? John, upon seeing what I was thinking, tried his best to hold back his thoughts but that was starting to leak from the cracks.

I look back at friend number two.

She didn't look normal this morning.

"Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, El?" I joked.

Elaina Cloud. You can already tell her affiliation to John. They are siblings. To be more specific, they are twins.

She looks a lot like her brother. Same caramel-brown hair, the sharp blue eyes. Unlike him though, She did her hair and it was nice, beautiful, healthy and straight that was tied up in a ponytail. She had bangs covering her forehead like John. She had pretty long hair that would cover up her entire back if not tied up. Looking like a google search for anime ponytail.

"I woke up perfectly fine." El replied.

"What's with her today?" I asked, turning to John.

He didn't even say a thing, just smiled smugly at me.

I lightly glared at him before sighing. I rest my head against the back of the seat.

I wonder what could be bothering her?

A translucent screen appeared in front of me.

[Mission] - Hold hands with El

[Punishment] - Yodel in the middle of school.