12 - Still In The Dark

London Bridge is falling down. Falling down. Falling down. London Bridge is falling down...

BUT I AM TOO!

From hundreds of feet above the air there is nothing under me.

THIS WAS NOT APART OF THE PLAAAN!!!

___________________________

Ogumo High has a large arena for fights like these. After all, you had a ton of monsters striving to become strong. Of course there would be a competitive energy around which everyone strives to challenge each other to find who is the strongest.

This time, I was one of the fighters.

With my training, I was a bit confident. I didn't feel like running away but I won't lie. I am a bit stressed.

There's no running away from this!

I've asked for this damned [System]! It's time to reap what I sow! I will display what I have gained!

Let's rock!

I stood behind one gate, while Aqua stood behind the other at the opposite end of the arena.

The arena itself was simple. It was like those gladiator arenas, where it's just a flat, even surface.

"Everybody! It's time for the fight!" The announcer's voice blasted through the speakers.

"Here's Aqua Azur, the school's one and only Dragon, and the second- third strongest fighter in the whole school!" The announcer introduced.

The crowd went wild.

Wait- did he say second before correcting himself? Why?

The gates on the other side opened. allowing Aqua to walk into the arena.

"Next, we have the only human of Ogumo High! Lucas Owens!" He announced.

The crowd didn't go wild. The gym guys voices reached out enough though. Thanks dudes! You guys are the best!

The gates in front of me opened, allowing me to enter the arena.

I take a deep breath before walking out. My heart was pumping with adrenaline. I headed towards Aqua, stopping a short distance away in the middle of the arena.

[BGM]
Still In The Dark (Millia Rage VS Zato=1/Eddie theme) - Guilty Gear XX OST

"You're actually doing this." Aqua stated, slightly surprised.

"I said I would. Didn't I?" I replied. "I won't hold back!"

She looked at me. Her eyes filled with hate.

"What's with that look?" I asked. "Do you hate me or something?"

"Do I hate you?" I do. You and all of your kind." She snarled.

"You greedy humans and your lies! I hate it! All of it!" Aqua stated. "And that's why I won't stand for you being here at this school."

"Sorry. But don't categorize me with those up high in the corporate ladders. I still have choices." I said.

"Sorry doesn't help. What will is you leaving. So, are you going to go? Or are you going to be a fool and try to fight me?" She arrogantly asked.

"Well, I'm just a guy who likes to play fighting games. My life so far has been simple. I know nothing. I guess you could say that I AM a fool." I replied. "And if I am being a silly clown by taking you on, then so be it! I will take the role of this 'silly clown'!"

Note: Ehe...

"Fine then." Aqua growled. "Have it your way."

"In three seconds, the match will begin!" The announcer yelled.