11 - Let's Get Down To Business!

Day 1 of Training - [Deathbane Bow] and [Eagle Eye]

The school day had finally ended and I could start my training.

As I have gotten two new things, I really want to try and train them first.

I examined the [Deathbane Bow]. It was a slick, gray bow. It was made with the bones of a death reaper after all. The handle had the design of a reaper's skeletal hands around a skull.

That's rad!

I was currently in a training field that Madam Cloud had set up for me. She had heard about the challenge and got excited... Way too excited for this...

Thanks... Headmaster.

I looked at the target before me. It was about twelve feet away. This shouldn't be so hard.

Now I should get an arrow... Why is one already in my hand?

I grab an arrow from the quiver and compare it. The tip of this other arrow was shaped differently and had a purple shade to it. The feathers were replaced by what looked like bones.

Huh, a bow made of the bones of a reaper with arrows made of bone.

"Host, the [Deathbane Bow] has 10 bone arrows that you can summon. It replenishes one every minute." Diva stated. "It should deal more damage than these arrows."

I see. That's quite useful and saves up some space. I'll train with the regular arrows.

I placed an arrow into the bow string. I try and replicate what I've seen before. I take a deep breath and, while holding the bow with a slight bend in the arm, aim the bow at the target as I pull the string back using the muscles in my upper body, including my back muscles. I begin exhaling and stabilizing my shot.

And when the time is right...

I release!

The arrow flies through the air and lands low on the second ring from the middle. It got a hit on my first ever time using a bow. This was good! I'm gonna try to keep this up! 

I pull back the string again, aiming a little higher, calculating the approximate trajectory of the arrow. I concentrated, stopping the shake and, when I saw it had stopped shaking, I shot the bow.

It hit the first ring from the middle! This time, I overshot it a bit but it was very close. It was but an inch from the bullseye.

That's better. I should make it a bit harder.

I continue at 20 feet. I began shooting at it. Before, I had an accuracy of about 8 out of 10 arrows. Now hitting 3 out of 10... No bullseyes so far.

Damn I thought I was doing moderately well too...

Well, ore needs to be properly refined and smelted into a fine blade.

I sigh and pull the string again. I stabilize my arms once again. I narrow my eyes and try to relax a bit, trying to not force too much since it could make me too shaky.

I release the string once more. It flies towards the target...

Bullseye!

I fell to my knees. Dramatically.

I raise my fists in the air, letting the bow fall comfortably into my arm.

"YES!" I exclaim into the skies.

[Deathbane Bow] - Level Up! - Bow now deals more damage!

It gets even BETTER!!!

I should get back to grinding.