18 - The Disaster of Passion

(Ruby POV)

I was born lucky.

I was born into an amazing family: Two great parents and a little sister. Our family was one of the Kitsunes, a rare and strong race. I excelled at everything I did. I had the top grades and was always one of the strongest in class.

When I was younger, my parents taught me to be grateful, and I'm thankful that they did. I think that helped me into the girl I am today.

And then I got an amazing boyfriend, Damian. he was handsome, nice, charming, and he was the one who confessed to me! It's too bad he's always so busy training.

We've been dating for a month now and I couldn't have a happier life. Could I...?

I don't know, something feels off. But I can't tell what. When I go on dates with Damian, my heart just doesn't beat as fast as when he confessed. That's why I haven't tried doing kisses or anything else.

Eh, this is probably just a part of dating. I'm probably just worried about going to the next stage.

My phone buzzed. I had a notification. Who could this be? Pulling it out, I saw I had a message from Aqua.

Aqua: We need to talk right now. I'm at our down.

Ruby: Okay.

I wonder what's up? I hurried over back to our dorm to see what she needed. The way she texted sounded urgent.

At least, I think. It's kind of hard to tell emotions from a few words of text.

I arrived at the door to my dorm. Fishing out my key from my pocket, I unlocked the door and entered. In our living room was Aqua, siting on the couch.

"Come here." Aqua said. "I have to show you something."

"Okay...?" I replied, confused.

She's being so serious. What's going on?

I saw down next to her on the couch.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said as she handed me the phone.

Looking at the phone, I saw that there was a video on the screen. I tapped the screen, playing the video. It showed two people kissing in an empty classroom.

Why are you showi-

Damian?! Who is that girl?!

Damian...why...?

"Ugh..." The person recording let out a disgusted sound. Was that Lucas?

After a little longer, the video ended.

He was... cheating on me? this whole time?

I can't believe it...

But why? Why?

Why don't I feel that sad..?

Just...mad?

"There's one more." Aqua sadly stated.

I swiped to the right, revealing a new video. This one showed the outside of the school. What?

I played the video.

"Are you sure nobody will find us?" Asked a feminine voice.

"I've told you, it's fine. Nobody comes here after school." I heard Damian reply.

Someone found you.

"What about your girlfriend?" The girl asked.

"Oh please, we both know she's just a trophy. It's only to boost my image. We haven't even kissed yet and we've been dating for a whole month. But once I do conquer her, then I'll another toy to play with." Damian stated.