14 - 24-Hour Cinderella

"So... why is she here?" El asked.

It was lunch time and we were all sitting at our usual table. Except, we have a new addition to our table.

Aqua! She decided to sit next to us. And to say everyone was shocked, was an understatement.

The scene of their jaws dropping was certainly a hilarious sight to see.

I was also a bit surprised.

"We're friends now." I clarified.

We really are! Earlier, I claimed the mission and claimed the 100 AP it promised. That's enough for one spin! When I checked, I also saw the [Affection] tab. Aqua was not in there with an Affection score of 53!

Honestly, it's higher than I though it would be. It's only the day after the match, and she's almost to the point of considering me as a best friend! Awesome!

"Thanks for the book." Aqua said, pulling out the book about Dragons and handing it to me.

"Figured you would have liked to know." I replied, putting the book away in my pocket which rerouted to my [Inventory].

All of a sudden, I felt daggers pointed at my back. I turned around, sweating, to see El and Azrael staring at Aqua and me with dangerous faces.

What's that for? It's just a book!

"Are they always like this?" Aqua asked, referring to El and Azrael.

"They are..." Sighed John. "But it seems you stopped their rivalry."

"They'll open up in time." I said, trying to make Aqua feel better. "Hopefully it won't take long..."

"Alright." She shortly replied, starting to eat her sandwich again. "Oh, and what's with the Sharky staring daggers at me?"

I turn to look at Kai.

"Oh, Kai. He's not. He's just figuring out how to talk with you." I answered.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Despite his threatening looks, he's really just shy." I clarified. "He's a nice guy inside."

"He looks like he wants to kill me." Aqua argued.

"Ah... I see..." He said in a sad voice. I could see the dark cloud above his head.

"Oh... I guess I was wrong..." She thought out loud, feeling bad about Kai.

She approached Kai, who was balled up and sadly eating his lunch.

"It's alright, big guy. I'm sorry." She patted his back. 

The cloud above his head dissipated. His body started relaxing.

"I'm g-good now..." Kai said. "Thank you..."

She turned back to me.

"I thought he was trying to pick a fight with me, like that one guy earlier.

"What? Someone tried to fight you?" I wondered.

"Yeah. This cocky guy through 'since a human beat her, she's weak' and tried to take me on." Aqua stated. "I promptly wiped the floor with him."

"Yeah... That sounds about right..." I replied. "I was just lucky I could block for as long as I did."

"You weren't lucky. You were smart about it." She argued, surprising me.

She's arguing for me!?

"Oh... Damn, thanks." I honestly replied, shocked.

"This is unacceptable!" El suddenly shouted, slamming her hands on the table.

"Why are you so lovey-dovey!?" Azrael yelled, pointing and Aqua and I.