Chapter 38

Catalina's POV

It was two hours after the sun has set when we arrived in Moscow.

The car ride was boring. Luke just stared out the window lost in thought. Alek and Tristan were busy speaking to each other in a language I couldn't understand. It took everything for me to not snap at them to speak English or possibly French the only other language I can speak fluently. Manuel and Henry, the bodyguards, just looked out the windows for any threats. Like I said. It was boring.

" We're here." Manuel announced once the car came to a stop.

Relief filled me. My butt was asleep and I couldn't wait to stretch my legs.

The door opened and everyone stepped out after Manuel gave the all clear. I had to hold back from rolling my eyes. It's not like a group of highly trained assassins were waiting for us.

The cold wind was a harsh slap against my face. My hair moved wildly around my face. I had to hold it down. I glanced up and down the sidewalks to see people bundled in their coats and hats briskly making their ways. Cars drove along the snow cleared streets.

Snow. There's snow. Of freaking course! It's early December. This is Russia. Of course it snows here.

" God! It's freaking freezing!" My teeth start to chatter. My body shivering. I damned the stupid dress.

" Here." I glanced up to see alek placing his coat on me. I thanked him.

Henry and Manuel quickly ushered us inside the hotel. Hotel? Really? I thought we were going to be sleeping in a run down apartment with boarded up windows. Not that I'm complaining about staying at a hotel. I gave a grateful sigh as the warmth hit me.

The hotels lobby is beautiful. Multiple statues stood here and there. The marble floors are perfectly polished. The huge crystal chandelier overhead gave it the grand detail.

Faint music is heard in the distance. I see couples and groups of people dressed in fine clothing rush off somewhere. Some of them with drinks in hands. People walked by asking for a car or complaining at the reception desk.

We make our way to the reception desk where females dressed in red jackets and red hats sat with a pleasant smile on their faces.

" Oh shit." I hear Luke curse besides me.

" Ah! Luke! It's a grand pleasure to see you again here." The one who addressed Luke is a pretty blonde with hard blue eyes,

Tristan and Alek turned to Luke with confused expressions.

" Pleasure to be here." The girl who's name tag read Tatiana smiled.

" Where's your grandmother?"

" Back in the states. She's too ill to travel."

" I hope she gets better." She finally realized the rest of us and smiled even more. I bet she'll get a job in Disneyland. " Are you all together?"

" Yes we are. Hey Tatiana is the usual apartment suite my grandmother and I book available?"

" Let me check." Tatiana turned to check on her little computer. " It's free. Would you like to stay there?"

" Yes."

" How long?" That's when he turned to Alek and Tristan for help.

" Approximately a week." Tatiana then talked to Tristan who pulled out a black credit card.

I itched to ask Luke how many times he's stayed in this hotel but with so many people around I kept my mouth shut.

After a few more minutes and room key in hand we all headed towards the elevators. The bell boy named Christian accompanied us to our rooms carrying the bags.