Chapter 9

Dimitri's POV

" I love you Samantha." I whisper along the hollow of her throat.

" Dimitri." She said.

" It's true." I said as I cupped her cheeks forcing her to look at me. A blush rising in her cheeks. " I love you Samantha. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is was of yours that captivated me. Maybe it's your eyes. How I feel myself drowning inside of those deep pools of ocean blue every time you look at me. Or your quiet, shy, mysterious personality that pulled me towards you. Or it's the way it feels so right to have you here, in my embrace. I am in love with you Samantha Peralta. And I will always love you."

" Dimitri." She said again her gaze on the floor.

I stood there before her. The air stuck in my throat as I waited for her answer. For her to announce that she felt the same way. For those three words to leave her tongue like a melody.

It never came.

~*~*~*

My grip tightened on the bathroom marble counter as the memory clouded my mind. How stupid and naive was I? Even all those months ago I should have known since the beginning that she never loved me. That she never felt the same way. I was just a joke to her!

Letting out a frustrated yell my fist connects with the mirror. Cracks appear along the reflective surface. Different sized shards fall on the sink and scatter along the bathroom floors. Resembling diamonds with the way the light reflected off of them. My jaw clenches from the pain radiating along my hand and knuckles. I'm able to feel warmth trickle down my fist.

" Fuck!" I let out a curse and pull my hand away to see three large shards of glass sticking out of jagged skin.

Removing the pieces of glass I search the cabinets for a first aid kit. The dripping sound from my blood hitting the marble floor echoed in the room. Grunting I wrap a towel around my hand and leave the room after being unable to find a first aid kit only to open the door the same time she did.

My eyes rake up and down her curvy body. She wore tight fitted blue jeans rolled to the top of her ankles. A black tight top that showed a slice of her silky smooth flesh with a white blazer above it. The gold necklace clasped around her neck matched her gold heels. Her dark hair was pulled back in a slick ponytail bringing out the depth of her high sharp cheekbones.

I fight against every sadistic urge in my body to not drag her into my room and make her mine on the bed. The urge to feel her hot sweaty skin against mine. The goosebumps that will appear on her skin as my lips move from the hollow of her throat to her hips. The familiar moan that escapes her lips. How her nails would drag all along my back as she leaves her mark. The dazed look in her eyes as I-

" What are you staring at?" Her voice brought me out of the fantasy that I've assembled in my mind. I shook it away.

" Nothing." I say, trying to keep my eyes from landing on her full chest.

She makes a noise at the back of her throat and begins her way downstairs. My glaze lowers down to her firm ass when she suddenly stops and turns to face me. I quickly look farther up north only to see her eyebrows furrowed. I wait for her to spit something at me. To damage me even more with her cruel words. Instead I'm taken aback as she suddenly stands before me. My hurt hand in both of hers.

" What happened?" The concern laced in her sweet honey voice made me look at her as if she was homicidal. Not an hour ago she said she didn't care about me and look at her now. I harshly pull my hand away.

" It's none of your business." I snap at her. She gives me look before crossing her arms.

" You should get that cleaned before it gets an infection. Come on." She motioned me to follow her.