Chapter 45

Catalina's POV

All throughout the drive Alek and Tristan informed Luke and I of what was to happen at this sit down with his father. How we should act. What we should say and not say. I wasn't really listening to what they said. I was more worried about what Aleks daddy was going to do to me.

I've met the man once. We didn't have a heart to heart but as I stared into his eyes that remind me of a dead fish eyes I was scared. Terrified. He gave me a bad vibe that made me want to run away and hide under w rock.

We come to stop at a gas station. Luke went off to the bathroom with Tristan following. Alek and I go inside the convenience store. I go straight to get a vanilla cappuccino. As the cup fills up Alek glides up to me and makes his own cup of coffee.

" You know what goes great with coffee?" I ask him as I put the top on cappuccino.

" Donuts?" He said with a small grin.

" Exactly." I grabbed some powdered and chocolate donuts from the shelf.

Walking up and down the aisle I come to a stop by the candy section. Right next to it are condoms. Really?

" Cat there's something you should know." He says in a low voice.

" What is it?" I squat down and grab some chocolate bars. As well as some lollipops and taffy. Seem like this is going to be my breakfast. Not that I'm complaining.

" Last night after you passed out Tristan and I went to see Dimitri." I almost dropped my cappuccino on the floor.

" So you really went?"

I couldn't believe that he actually went to see Dimitri. Even more that it was while I was unconscious.

" Yes. We couldn't not go."

" Oh. How'd it go?"I heard him sigh.

" It was difficult."

" For you or them?"

" I say me personally. You don't know how hard it is for me to to see him and walk away without hurting him." Glancing up I saw Aleks jaw clench.

" You said before that Dimitri did something to you. Is that why you hate him?" He avoided my gaze.

" Yes. He did something very grave five years ago." Five years ago? Aleks been carrying a grudge for something done five years ago.

" Can I ask what it was he did?" He gave me a hard look. " Forget I even asked." I said as I went to the counter.

We bought a lot of junk food. Lots of it. There was even some first aid stuff amongst them. Mostly gauze and bottles of alcohol. Paying we returned back to the car where Tristan was telling Luke something. Once they saw us they shut up.

" Oh please continue on with the gossip." I say sarcastically.

" You're cheerful." Tristan noted.

" Is that so wrong? Or do you want me to be groaning in pain all pitiful being a Debbie downer?"

Honestly I was trying not to let it show how anxious I was to have found out Alek saw Dimitri last night. Trying not to show how scared I am to see Aleks father. Trying not to show how freaked out I still am over last nights incident. Trying not to break down into a full blown panic attack as I think about how my back must look by now.

Instead I put on my best smile. It wasn't hard. It was almost normal. A casual facade I can slip into. The same fake cheery attitude I would display when I was younger. When I tried to get my mother and father to recognize that I to am a worthy daughter. Try to impress them. Impress their friends. I quickly shook those thoughts away. Now is not the time to think about my past.