Chapter 28

Alekzander's POV

Four days.

It's been four days since I've ran into Dimitri and his bride to be at the hospital. Four days of countless tailing and watching them. Four days and I've had more then a dozen ways I could have taken her but I don't.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Each and every time the opportunity to just grab Catalina without any witnesses presents itself I freeze. I don't know why. My body just stops moving and the plan goes to hell.

Tristan has yelled at me each and every time. My father laid an earful just yesterday when I didn't arrive on time. Even my men are saying I'm going soft. Me! Soft! Ridiculous!

If I were soft I wouldn't be where I am. I would be most likely dead. I would be in a casket six feet underground as worms and parasites fed on my flesh and rotting corpse. Not here.

I'm not the soft one. They are.

Then why can't I take her? I thought to myself. A single question I couldn't answer.

I mean I can take her. I can just call her and draw her out to me. That will make it easier. Yet each time I'm able to call I can't do it. Nor can I press send for a stupid text.

I run a frustrated hand over my face. Something must be wrong with me.

My phone vibrating from where it sat on the dashboard caught my attention. The screen is bright and read a single name. Tristan. He's called me persistently the past two hours. It's annoying but if I don't answer he won't stop.

" Where are you!?" He demands once I answer.

I glance out the darkly tinted windows of the rental car I'm currently in and across the street at the bar I was just in. If Tristan knew I was drinking he wouldn't let me hear the end of it. Sometimes his long speeches are worse then my fathers.

" Out."

" Out." He scoffs before he says something in German. I didn't understand a word he said aside from calling me a son of a bitch.

" Is there a reason why you're calling?" I growl.

" Yes. She's not home." That perked my interest.

" What?"

" She left two hours ago." Two hours ago. That's when he started with the calls. I'm a fucking idiot for not answering earlier!

" Did you tail her?" With her inside the house we can't do anything. If she's outside and in the streets this job will be easier.

" Yes. She went to the park with some guy who is not Dimitri. My bet is she's cheating on him." He lets out a dry chuckle. " Anyways right now she's at this pizza place. What do I do?" My guess is that he's outside watching her. Possibly inside a car.

" Go find the owner and pay him to close the store and leave." I order.

" Will do. I'll text you the address." With that he hangs up and seconds later I get his text. Putting in the address in the GPS I see that she's just ten minutes away.

I turn on the car and speed down the street.

This time she won't get away and tomorrow we'll be in Russia.

Catalina's POV

The play was being held at a local park. There are a lot more people then I was expecting to be at a modern play. Most of the crowd was formed from people who are in college and some high school. Glancing around I finally caught sight of Harry and Penny. They were seated near the front. Both of them chatting as they waited for the play to start- which as the man on stage is saying- is any minute.