Chapter 16

A/N: Late update, may klase kasi e! But Happy reading!

Lies

That conversation between my parents stayed in my mind until this day.

And until now, I still can't proceed my plan of vacation with Carlo.

I felt like I am waiting for my parents to say it in front fo me or I am waiting for the realization that they won't do that plan anymore. I mean they knew I am happily in love to someone else, why would they force me to marry someone?

Alam ko naman na mahal nila ako at 'yun siguro ang dahilan kung bakit hindi pa nila masabi sa'kin ang plano nila, pero anak nila ako. Alam nila ang ugali ko, alam nilang gagawin ko kung anong magpapasaya sa'kin hanggang wala akong maaapakang ibang tao, alam nilang may mahal akong iba. Pero bakit gusto pa rin nilang ituloy ang plano nila? Para saan?

"Is there a problem, love?" I sighed when I heard Carlo's voice, then I looked at him.

"Nothing, I just feel like I wanted to sleep now, I am sleepy." I lied and he don't believe it, but he sighed and hugged me.

What will I do if my parent's will force me to marry someone else?

Ever since I never went against to them because they didn't decide for my life, they let us grow independently while guiding us, they let us face our fears and be brave to accept our weaknesses, they let us make our own decisions and learn from it. So, I never see myself goping against them.

They love us deeply and I can't afford to see them hurt in any way.

But I won't ever hurt the man who just love me the most. He showed me what love is and made me feel that I deserve this kind of love and nothing less. The man who accepted me as me, protected me even if I don't need a man to protect me, love me sincerely, respect me and my family. I don't have any reason not to marry him.

Should I just talk to my parents? Tell them that I knew their plan and I won't agree to it. Convince them that there is another way, to whatever they wanted to happen if they force me to marry someone else.

My parents knew how happy I am to my relationship with Carlo, they also knew that he respected them and me. It might be a great help for me to convince them, right?

"You're thinking of something. It's a big problem and you are having a hard time to share it to me. It's okay, everything will be okay soon" he whispered while tapping my arm softly, and his other hand is caressing my hair.

"I love you and it's just Esme, I am worried that she's not replying to me while she's in Amsterdam" I just stated and buried my face on his chest.

I don't want to be emotional because the problem is not here yet. I can't do anything about it yet, not unless Carlo propose to me before my parents even plan to force me. Or maybe if something happened that either will make me happy or make me sad.

"I love you" I repeated when I didn't receive a response from him.

"You're scaring me, what if I cook your favorite and you watch me cook?" he asked worriedly and I chuckled before I nodded.

I won't think of it for now. The problem is not yet knocking on my door, not unless they already tell me that, then that's when I will start to worry even more.

"Hmm, you're staying tonight, right?" he asked while he's preparing all the ingredients of his homemade pasta.

"Yup, I don't have work tomorrow and you don't have a duty as well. We'll have a stay at home date tomorrow" I answered while watching him.