Chapter 17

Trust

"Where is your boyfriend?" my twin asked me when I arrived in our house alone.

"He can't attend tonight's family dinner, he has duty" I answered and she nodded while staring at me. Then she smiled weirdly.

"You're weird, where's your fiancé then?" I asked this time.

"He's at the office with dad, talking about business, when my fiancé is obviously a lawyer" she rolled her eyes and I laughed.

Umakyat na ako sa kwarto para magbihis at kaagad pumunta ng kusina dahil baka nandun ang nanay namin na hindi ako sinalubong sa pagdating ko.

"Mommy!" I hugged her when she's checking the measurement of some powder.

"Fate, anak. You just got home?" she asked and held my cheeks, before she looked at whatever she's baking right now.

"Yup, although hindi ko kasama ngayon si Carlo. May mga ooperahan siya mamaya, kaya hindi ko maagaw ang oras niya" sagot ko naman at tumango siya bago lumingon ulit sa'kin.

"Does he even have time for you? Since he's working at the hospital" she curiously asked and went beside me after putting some of the cookies in the oven.

"Syempre naman po. Minsan nagkikita kami, ilang araw sa isang buwan. Madalas kasi busy siya sa trabaho at I understand it naman, mom" sagot ko naman sa kanya at hinawakan naman niya ang kamay ko.

Bakit ba ang weird nila?

"And you're still happy with him, right?"

I rolled my eyes when I finally got what is she implying here. This is about that marriage again, I told them to never ever tell me that marriage because I am happy with my life. I am happy on my relationship with Carlo. I am in love and he is not hurting me.

Hindi ako galit sa kanilang dalawa, pero ayaw ko talaga. Not unless, may mangyari na magiging dahilan ng pagpayag ko.

Kung wala, then there is no force marriage to happen.

Who wanted to be a bride to someone she doesn't even know? I bet my twin won't be happy with their plans and she might even do something that will protect me from that situation.

"Is this about that marriage, mom? Why do I feel like you're trying to pull me away from my relationship and you're looking for something that will make you succeed on that plan" I ststaed seriously and she shook her head, before she gently caressed my hand.

"This is not about the marriage hija, I respected what you told us before that you will never ever do that" she replied to me. "I am just asking you and with no hidden agenda"

"Don't worry mom, if you see me crying because of him, believe me that I will still choose my freedom" I stated and went outside.

I really don't want to have any kind of fights or discussion to my parents with regards to their own plan and promises. It's not my fucking responsibility and if their friends are mature enough, they should know that wedding is not the only way that our company can help theirs.

Nag-scroll na lang ako sa social media habang katabi ko naman ang kakambal ko na hinihintay yata ang fiancé niya.

I pouted and realized that my twin is already engaged, and she told me that Kuya Solomon proposed to her while they are about to sleep and wearing pajamas and mask. That might be simple, but it's intimate and raw.

Gusto ko na din ma-engage kay Carlo para lalong maging matunay sa magulang ko na hindi nila kami mapaghi-hiwalay, pero kung hindi pa siya handa, ayos lang. Hihintayin ko siya...