Chapter 9

Special

Two days before our birthday, Carlo planned a dinner for the two of us.

At nang pinayagan ako nila mommy ay tsaka lang din ako sumang-ayon sa planong dinner. At dahil dito, alam ko ng wala ulit siya sa mismong birthday ko.

Well, I am not complaining that he's not there during the date of my birthday, because he always made sure to call me and he will celebrate it with me in advance.

I am even thankful that he can still have time to spend a birthday celebration with me, buy some gifts or plan something, even if he's busy in med school. So, I don't really mind if he celebrates my birthday with me in advance. As long he didn't forget it.

But I hope, soon, he can spend it with me at the exact date of my birthday, not in advance.

My eyes widen when he arrived at the campus driving a car.

"You have a car now huh" I grinned at him and he shook his head before he opened the door for me.

"I just borrowed it from Lolo for today, so I can drive you home for later too"

"Hmm, of course, it's for me again" he chuckled at what I stated before he closed the door and went to the driver seat.

"So, what's with the dinner? During my seventeenth birthday, you surprise me at the school garden. On my eighteenth, you treated me a lunch, picnic on the rooftop. Now that I am turning nineteen, it's dinner. Baka sa susunod na birthday ko, singsing na ang surprise mo sa'kin ha!" sabi ko habang nagda-driver siya papunta sa kung saan.

"Hmm, you just gave me an idea, my love" he whispered and I felt myself blushed because of what he called me.

"I never thought you can have this romantic side and I never expect that you will show it to me... and for me"

"Just a heads up" he then glanced at me with a smirk, before he looked back at the road. "You will see more from me"

"Well, surprise me then" I challenged him and he chuckled.

I frowned when we are going out of Manila right now.

Alam kong nagpaalam ako at nasa legal na edad na ako, but then hindi ko naman sinabing malayo ang pupuntahan ko at matatagalan yata kami sa pag-uwi.

"Should I tell my parents that you are going to take me home late?" I asked after he paid for a toll gate.

"Might as well, my love" he casually replied and I shook my head. I think I should get used to that endearment as well. Para hindi na ako mamula kapag tinatawag niya akong 'my love'.

I called my mother and immediately told her about my case here. Because I am sure I am going home late basing on our dinner place.

Bakit ba naman kasi sa probinsya pa, e magdi-dinner lang naman?

"Then honey, care to tell me who's with you and who planned a dinner for you?" mom asked after she listened to me.

"It's my friend, the one I told you before, do you remember him? The one who I can't introduce to you yet" I replied to her and I knew she got what I mean.

"Oh okay, but can I at least talk to him? Pa-loudspeaker ang call anak" I sighed and di what she asked me to.

Carlo frowned at me when I put my phone in between us while he's driving.

"Ahm, hello my daughter's friend" I wanted to laugh and how my mom greeted him.

He frowned and immediately turned serious when he realized that he needs to talk to my mom.