Chapter 25

Promise

"Oh My god! What happened!?" Tita Erene asked when she saw the two of us entering the hospital. I am drenched and he is not.

Other people looked at us as well, especially his employees. It's their first time seeing me with him, because they already saw me with his parents the last time they're here.

"I saw her outside and she doesn't have an umbrella, so she's already drenched when I saw her outside" he explained.

"Are you okay dear? Let's go up, you need to change, tell your sister to bring some of her new set of clothes here or maybe, buy some new clothes for her" Tita Erene immediately held my hand and guided me towards the elevator.

A nurse gave her a towel and she immediately put it on my shoulder and I thanked her. She hugged me while rubbing my arm and softly patting my hair with another towel the nurses gave to her.

I frowned when we went to the top floor, her son's den.

"You need to take a complete rest and we don't have a bed in our office here." she worriedly explained to me, so I smiled to assure her that I am fine.

Hindi naman ako magkakasakit dahil lang sa nabasa ako ng ulan.

"It's okay Tita, I don't need to rest just because of the rain. Don't worry, I just need to change my clothes and all is well" I replied to her, so she nodded, but we still proceeded on her son's room, so I can change in his restroom.

"You can change here Fate, wait for your new set of clothes and after that, you can just go to our office once you're feeling better. You can sleep and rest if you want, but make sure to change your clothes first, alright?" she asked and when I nodded, that's when she sighed and softly smiled at me.

"Good thing that my son finally held an umbrella for a girl, because he haven't try doing that to any girl outside our family" she genuinely stated that while looking at me, just like how the mothers looked at their children. "Thank you for entering his life, he needs it the most. He need something that will give him another purpose in life, aside from us and his work"

"Oh, I bet I did. He will surely have another purpose in life because of me" I replied and she smiled even more, maybe thinking that I mean something positive from what I said.

But I am not. The another purpose in life that he got is to make sure that I won't stay long in his and family's life. Or else, he will throw me at the other side of the world.

Pareho kaming nagulat ng biglang kumulog at kumidlat kaya napailing siya.

"We will drive you home later to make sure you will go home safe and sound, and you also don't have an umbrella so it's better that way" she stated after a few minutes of silence.

"Alright Tita, thank you for taking care of me" I sincerely stated and she squeezed my hand.

"You can call me everytime you will need me or Erienne or my son. I knew your family is not with you, so we will be your family" I nodded when she said that.

But I knew I can't do that. I am already pretending in front of her, I can't treat them like a family because it will hurt me and it will hurt them more.

When her son arrived with a paperbag of new clothes, they immediately left the room for my privacy. Tita was even shocked that her son left the room as well.

My eyes immediately orients me on how his room looks plain and manly looking for me. Then I went inside his huge bathroom area. I never thought that there will be a bathtub in his room that is in his hospital. Para na akong nasa hotel kung tutuusin.