Chapter 24

Rain

Hmmm, ways to pester a cold old man.

"Just be myself and that's enough" I stated and prepared for another week where I will pester him. I didn't do a lot last week, because I actually don't want to visit him that much, because I felt so guilty about how nice his family are to me. Well, they have another brother, that I haven't meet yet. But I am sure he's nice too.

So, I decided to continue it today. Tita Erene called me last night that they won't be able to visit her son today, so I will do it today.

Kapag kasi bibisita sila at sasabay ako, paniguradong mahihirapan akong makausap at kulitin ang anak nilang pinaglihi yata sa yelo at sama ng loob. Kaya sa susunod na lang ako sasabay sa kanila, para hindi sila magtampo, lalo na si Tita Erene.

But now, I will focus my attention to their grumpy eldest son.

When I arrived in front of the staff at the hospital's receiving area, she immediately smiled at me. Perks of meeting his family and being his parent's new favorite.

"Good morning, Miss. Doc. Warren is not here yet, but based from his secretary they are already on their way. He also has some early schedule of operation to some of his patient. Do you want to wait in his office?"

"That will be better. Thank you" I sincerely stated and she let me entered the hospital peacefully.

Meeting his family is indeed a blessing for me, when it comes to situation like this and having a nice people around me. But, I am sad that meeting them also made me lie to them. And I am guilty, but I still need them, not just because of their son, but I also want to be around them.

I went inside his office, this is not where his parents brought me before, this is also not the room where I went in the first time we met. This is really his office. Plain and boring office.

Nasa couch lang ako habang tinitingnan lahat ng meron sa opisina niya.

Wala namang espesyal sa loob, bukod sa madaming libro ay wala ng ibang nakakuha ng atensyon ko. Naglakad ako papunta sa lamesa niya at wala din naman akong nakitang kakaiba, bukod sa relo na nasa may gilid ng computer niya.

Then I went to his bookshelf. There are so many educational books, more into Science of course, he's a man of Science. But there are business books as well.

Psychology? So, he's also into psychology books. That devil is studying human behavior? I was about to get that book when someone suddenly opened the door.

Speaking of the devil, here he comes.

"Hello" I sweetly greeted him, even if he's glaring at me.

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" he shouted and I frowned.

"Why are you so grumpy early in the freaking morning!?" I shouted too.

He started walking towards me, as if I am his prey and when he held my wrist, I immediately twisted his arm. He blocked my moves quickly with eyes wide open. I looked up to his face and he shouted.

"Go the fuck out!"

Mukhang daily pala siyang ganito. Ano ba ang makakapagpasaya dito? Nang bumait naman, nakaka-inis na e.

"Nope. I still have my mission here, and I also have a proposal to make" I stated with finality and slowly removed his hands from my wrist. "And don't ever try to drag me without my consent or you will see how skilled I am in fighting a grumpy old man like you"

He was about to speak, but I didn't let him to.

"And believe me, I won't stop until I do what I have to do"