Chapter 36

Escort

Matapos niyang umalis ng araw na 'yun ay hindi ko na siya ulit nakita sa Cebu. I don't know where he is right now, but I am still not sure if he will stop showing himself to me.

As I said, I can be casual to him, but I can't let him enter my life as if nothing happened between the two of us.

"Tita!" I happily greeted Tita Erene when he called me this Friday afternoon. Maghahanda na sana ako ng gamit para sa pagbisita ko bukas sa Manila, pero sinagot ko na muna ang tawag niya.

"Hi dear, I miss you" she happily spoke and pouted after that. "How have you been dear? My son is busy and he can't even tell me stories about you, ever since he came back to New York. Now were already in Greece, but he's still not saying anything about his trip in the Philippines. Not like before"

"Don't expect stories from your son, Tita. Anyway, I am busy with work" I answered her question. "Tita I want to ask you some questions, is it alright to you?"

I knew about their connection to my parents, but this is the first time I will ask her about it because I totally forgot that when I moved to Cebu. And actually, I just remembered about it again when I saw her name on my screen.

She frowned. "What is it dear? You can ask me anything" she replied.

"Do you know or remember my family name? Have I told you about my family name?" I asked and it made her frowned even more.

"As far as I can remember, it's Asendido. Am I right? I think I heard it not from you, but from Lauris when he and my son is talking about you" she causally stated while looking above, thinking. "Yes, it's actually the same family name of one of our close friends. Or maybe, that family name is not that rare?" she added. "What's with the question again, honey?"

"Ah, last time before Leon left the country" she immediately smile when she heard how I called her son as Leon, different from what they call him. "Before he left, he accidentally met my parents."

Hindi pa ako tapos sa kwento ay tumili na siya ng may class, hindi ko alam kung paano pero may pagka-classy 'yung pagtili niya.

"Really?" she excitedly asked and I squinted my eyes at her, which made her laughed.

"It's just an accidental meeting. And we found out something" I replied and she curiously looked at me. "When my parents met him, they knew him already."

"Huh? How?" with her tone, the accent is so audible.

"Do you know Benedict and Feith Asendido, Tita?" I asked and her slowly widen at the realization.

"Oh my, are you their daughter!?" she asked loudly and smiled when I nodded. And because of her loud question, she got Tito's attention who immediately sat beside her to ask what just happened. "She is Ben's daughter!"

So they called my dad Ben as well.

"Ben? Benedict Asendido, our so called university hearthbreaker?" Tito asked her and she nodded happily before they both looked at me. And wow, hearthbreaker? Si daddy?

"Wow, I can't believe this" Tita exclaimed to herself while staring lovingly at me. "We should visit them anytime soon. I can't wait until your birthday!" Then she looked at me with a frown. "But why I can't remember seeing your face during your Tito's birthday in the Philippines? It's always your parents"

"I was busy with so many things Tita, it's ether school, friends, work or I am somewhere far from the city" I explained and she slowly nodded before she looked at Tito.