Chapter 30

Friend

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed after the call I received from my twin. She is fucking pregnant and I am not even there!

"What happened, Fate?" Tita Erene worriedly asked me.

It's been two weeks and I am already done with my work. I already interviewed some of my assignments and I am expecting more to come since I am not going home yet.

Nagpatuloy muna ako sa pagkausap ko sa kakambal ko bago niya ibaba ang tawag para magpahinga daw.

"Ah it's just my twin is already pregnant and I can't wait to go home this Christmas" I replied, so she won't worry about my reaction.

"Oh wow!" her eyes brightened. "That is a wonderful blessing"

And because of that topic, our conversation suddenly went on her dream of having grandchildren.

At dahil ako lang naman ang girlfriend ng kanyang anak, syempre sa akin mapupunta ang pressure kahit hindi naman talaga totoong may relasyon kami ng anak niya. Kung pwede nga na sabihin ko na sa kanya ang totoo, gagawin ko na.

But I planned to do that the day before I leave this country. So I can leave everything that happened to this place, once I leave this place.

"If ever that we will have grandchild or grandchildren soon, please tell that to us. We don't want surprises at our age" I just smiled at what Tita stated.

So, I immediately changed our topic.

We are now in their house. More like a mansion, because it's fucking huge. With five floors and wide spaces. They even have three living room and with different aesthetic.

Tita even planned to invite me again just to tour around their house, because I can't do that now as we are inside her shopping area at their mansion.

It's located at the fifth floor and we fucking went here using the elevator. Different models from different expensive brands are currently running on the runway. And it's been an hour, Tita already picked some things for her, for me and for everyone in her family. Just great!

Fucking great! I can't even tell her that I can't accept more products anymore as one is already too much for me, she will be sad if I do that and seriously, I can't stop her from spoiling me. As she said, I am part of her family now.

"This looks good on you, dear"

"Oh my, I will buy this for you. It's so you, beautiful!"

"This dear, wear this on Christmas"

"Maybe, this will be our matchy clothes. I will buy one for Erienne as well"

I heard more comments from her as she bought more stuff for me. In ever expensive things she buys for me, she will have different set of comments each.

And I can't decline her from buying stuff for me, because that's what makes her happy right now. If I will make her sad from my lies, I will make more happy memories for her then.

"Tita" I called her after hours of our shopping time and she already bought me so many things. Now, we are just casually having our afternoon snacks at their garden, which is wider than twice of my house here in New York.

"Hmm?" she asked sofly.

"Will you be mad at me if your son and I won't end up with each other in the future?" I casually asked and she slowly frowned and faced me.

"Why would I be mad at you? It won't be your fault if ever that you and my son won't end up with each other in the future" she softly answered my questions. "Of course, I want you to be his wife and my daughter-in-law, but we can't hold what might happen. We might influence it, but our fate won't change just because we want it to change" she added and I smiled at her.