Chapter 29

Rules

I wore a black fitted dress, matching it with some diamond jewelries that Tita Erene bought for me. So at least, she will see me wearing one of the things she bought for me.

Then I got my bag and gift for her. I hope she appreciate this.

Nang may nag-doorbell ay alam kong si grumpy Leon na 'yun. Mas gugustuhin niyang mag-doorbell kaysa tawagan ako at palabasin. Akala mo naman naghihirap sa load.

His eyes widen when I opened it and he slowly checked me out.

Wag siyang mag-alala kasi alam ko kung paano dumamit depende sa event, tsk.

"You look okay" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Such a compliment" I sarcastically replied and closed my door. He suddenly got the gift from my hand, so I just let him. "You look the same" I added because he really looks the same.

Businessman in a suit. That's it.

"Fate!" masayang tili ni Tita Erene ang sumalubong sa'min ng nakarating kami sa hotel kung saan gaganapin ang birthday niya. "You looks so lovely, dear. Oh my gosh!" she added a compliment and I chuckled.

"You looked perfect, Tita. Happy Birthday!" I happily greeted him and pointed at my gift on her son's hand. "That's my gift, I hope you will love it"

"Of course, I will. Thank you for coming tonight even if I just invited you so late" she replied.

"That's not really a problem Tita, plus I love attending birthdays of people who love me"

We continue talking until Tito has to pulled her away from me, so that they can welcome the other guests.

"Look how much she loves you" Leon commented while shaking his head and guiding me towards the VIP table which is for their family only.

"In your family, it's just you who doesn't appreciate my presence duh"

I replied and he rolled his eyes before he sat on his chair.

The program started and the only time my eyes got distracted is when the waited started serving our foods.

Wala pa akong dinner e, time to eat!

"Hungry, I see" the guy beside me commented and I just ignored him.

I frowned when he even helped the waited putting some foods on my part. Then after that I glared at him.

"Just eat, don't stare at me" he comented and proceed on checking his own plate.

"They are so sweet. Young love" I heard Tita Erene commented and I smiled as I looked at her.

At kaming dalawa na naman ang nag-usap, sumali na din si Erienne na kararating lang dahil may kinausap na kaibigan sa kabilang table.

"Where's the restroom here?" I asked Leon after I finished my food.

Biglaan siyang tumayo at napatingin kami ng pamilya niya sa kanya.

"Let's go" he said to me.

"Huh? You don't need to tour me around, just point where I should go to find the restroom" I answered and he frowned.

"That's why I am going to join you because this place is tricky with so many hallways" he reasoned out and looked at his parents and siblings. "Excuse us, mom. We'll just go to the restroom"

Tita Erene smiled widely at the both of us.

"It's okay, go. You can come back later, just make sure to don't exhaust yourself" Tita Erene replied thinking of other things that we might do inside the restroom.