Ribbon on Top

(Sean's POV)

2 years have passed since GL's boy group debuted and they're not stopping from going up the success ladder.

I'm happy her idea is working but she's slowly taking away work from me. I'm so bored! All the projects and offers go to that Bangtan cr*p.

"Here's your bubble tea", Thalia cooed. She placed our orders on the table and seated herself. "You look gloomy. Anything wrong?"

"Yesterday, one of Asia's brightest stars. Today.."
I took a sip from my drink.
"..a loser."

Thalia sighed. "Shut up."

"Tsk. Bangtan. Bangtan. Bangtan. Where did Kim Raehun go?", I sighed as I fixed my snapback.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to look and found a girl in a cute dress.

"You're Raehun, right?"

At last, someone who noticed me.
I smiled at her. "Yea."

She handed me a pretty box with a ribbon on top.

I received it. "Thanks."

She shyly smiled. "That's not for you. I know you're really close with the Wu family and I was just hoping, maybe you could help me give that to Glitters?"

What? I gulped in disbelief.

"I waited for you here since last week. I know you love this place. I was praying and hoping until finally, you're here", she continued.

"Thanks."

I turned to look at the person who spoke and just snatched the box from my hand.

GL? I thought she was in Guangzhou.

Thalia stood up and gave GL a hug.

The girl in the pretty dress just stood there, amazed at the figure before her eyes.

The chic with pink hair who just arrived took a seat and sat beside me. She took off her sunglasses.

"It's really nice of you for thinking about me, but I just can't help feeling pissed at the girls giggling on that table", GL said as she pointed at the center table.

The girl's eyes widened.
And so did the girls on the said table.

"You think this is funny? You can send this stupid gift to my house, to my office. But you went all way just to make my friend feel uncomfortable?", she continued.

She opened the box on the spot. As the lid came off, a dead rat was inside with a note.

"GL, you bitch! Die!", she read out loud in perfect sync with the exclamation points.

The girl turned to run but GL held her wrist.

"You forgot something", she said before dropping the rat inside her dress. "God bless your hateful soul."

She shrieked and ran outside the shop, humiliated. Her friends followed while covering their faces.

"Nobody mess with my crew", she said before taking a sip from my bubble tea.

I just stared at her, along with the other people at the shop, feeling like all of us are holding our breath.

"O..okay", Thalia nervously laughed. "You want to order something, GL?"

GL turned to look at the menu board. "I'll have that super burger.. and strawberry bubble tea."

* *
(Sohee's POV)

"You're back", I happily said as I greeted my daughter with an embrace. She hugged me back even tighter.

"I missed you", she said.

We let go and proceeded to the sofa.

"I'm sure it's exhausting", I commented with a worried look.

GL sighed. "Yeah. I rarely have time for myself."

I rubbed her shoulder. "Don't overdo yourself, okay?"

She smiled at me and nodded.

"You had dinner already?", I asked. She pouted and shook her head.

I grabbed her hand and took her with me to the kitchen. Just then, Yifan stepped downstairs.

"Dad!", GL exclaimed as she ran to his direction. He greeted her with a smile and a tight hug.

"Now. Now. Stop being so dramatic and have yourselves seated."

They did as I told them while I cooked GL's favorite food, Italian style spaghetti and grilled steak, with the chef at my aide.

After an hour, the food was ready. I went to the dining table, only to find Yifan alone.

"Where is she?", I asked.

"She had a call. Told me it was urgent and ran off."

*beep* *beep*

I took out my phone and read GL's message.

"Mom? I'm really sorry! I promise to make it up for you next time. xoxo"

I sighed. Yifan stood up and gave me a backhug.

"Our little bug is all grown up now. Acting so busy and important", he said.
I chuckled.

"You understand, don't you?", he asked. I faced him and nodded.

He gave me a smile. "So, let's eat?"

"Hey, Mom. Dad."

I turned to Miyoung who just arrived from school.

"Hey there", Yifan replied.

She gave us a kiss before taking a seat. Noticing the food, she brightened up.

"Wow. We rarely have these!", she excitedly said.

I can't help but giggle. "GL's fave. She just arrived but sadly, had to go again."

Her smile faded while she nodded. I sat beside her and fixed her hair.

"But you're here now. You can help us eat all that", I said with a smile.

She smiled back. After the maids had finished setting the table, we started eating.

Seeing my daughter's favorite without her enjoying it, I unintentionally sighed. Yifan and Miyoung looked at me.

I faintly smiled. "I'm sorry. It's just that GL was with me a lot and now that she's busy, she's rarely home. I know it's been over a year but I still don't know how to adjust."

Miyoung held my hand. "It's okay, Mom. You were always there for me and I think it's my turn to take care of you now. You can talk to me. If you feel alone, call me. Promise, I'll be expecting you."

I wiped a tear and smiled at her. "Thank you, dear."