Just Temporary

(GL's POV)

I opened my eyes and met the celing.

Despite being weak and dizzy, I tried my very best to adjust my vision. Why can't I hear anything? I looked around and everything is in white. I talked and no words came out. My ears suddenly started ringing before I was able to hear the beeping from the monitor. I looked at my left hand and successfully moved it. I shifted my vision to the other side and noticed that tiny tubes attached me to some machine. Somebody on the couch is asleep.

I diverted my attention to the door that flung open.

"You're awake!", he exclaimed excitedly as he rushed to my side. The woman on the couch woke up in surprise. Seeing that I'm awake, she quickly stood up and sat at the foot of my bed.

Who are these people?

"Are you hurting somewhere? Are you hungry?", she asked as she rubbed my legs. I slowly shook my head.

The both of them just silently stared at me and it's freaking me out. I decided to open my mouth.

"Who are you?", I managed to utter but in a very low voice.

Why is it suddenly so hard to talk?

"What was that?", the guy asked.

I tried one more time. "Who are you?"

They looked at each other in shock. The guy grasped my hand even tighter and the woman gasped.

"Do you know who you are?", the guy asked.

It gave me a headache but I tried to remember.

I guess?

I nodded.

"Okay, that;s nice. Now, does the name Giann remind you of anything? How about Kanghyeon?", the guy asked.

Another headache.

I wasn't able to answer him. My vision became blurry.

* *

(Sohee's POV)

After 5 days of waiting, she finally woke up but fell asleep again after trying to remember things. I pulled my hands away from her and patted Giann on the shoulder.

"Is she going to be alright, Mom?", he asked worriedly.

I have no idea myself but I gave Giann an encouraging smile. Just then, her doctor, Mrs. Gray, came in to check on her condition. She smiled at us and walked towards the monitor, writing down data. The nurse accompanying her proceeded to GL's bed and fixed it.

"Her vital signs looks good. She's recovering pretty well", Mrs. Gray said as she approached us.

"She actually woke up a few moments ago", Giann informed her.

She nodded. "That's great."

"But she wasn't able to recognize us. I asked her if she knows herself and she nodded. What's going on, doctor?", Giann asked.

She added everything Giann said to her notes before answering him. "You have nothing to worry about. She nodded when you asked, right? She's experiencing a post-traumatic amnesia. It's very common in her state. The head injury caused her to forget but with your help and some time, there's a great chance that she'll be able to remember everything little by little."

We nodded at her and thanked her and the nurse before they left the room.

"How is she?"

Giann and I turned around and found Yifan and Garry who just entered the room.

"She's doing well. Thanks God", I answered him.

Yifan sat beside GL and kissed her forehead.

"She actually woke up earlier", Giann said.

"Really? Why didn't you call?", Garry asked.

"I got pretty excited, I guess. She didn't recognize us. The doctor said we're lucky it's just post-traumatic amnesia. It'll go away after some time with our help", Giann said.

Garry let out a sigh as Yifan gave him a nod.

Giann then checked his phone. It was already 7 in the evening.

"I better get going now. I still have that meeting with the shareholders. But you can stay here, Dad. I'll handle it myself", he suggested.

Yifan shook his head. "I have to be there. I'll visit her again after work."

Giann nodded at him and kissed me on the forehead before he went outside. Yifan caressed GL's cheek and kissed him one more time before he stood up to follow Giann.

"I'll stay here for a while", Garry told him.

He gave him a nod. Before he went out, Yifan patted me on my shoulder and gave my cheek a light kiss.

"You should go home and take a proper rest, Mom. You look pale."

I looked at Garry and shook my head. "It's okay. I'll just stay here."

The door flung open again and this time, Cedric arrived.

He bowed at me and waved at Garry.

"How is she, Mrs. Wu?", he asked.

"She's doing fine", I answered him. He rubbed my shoulders from behind and I smiled at him.

"She's experiencing temporary amnesia right now but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about", Garry added.

"Really? When did she wake up?"

"A few moments ago."

"She'll be able to regain everything, right?"

Garry and I nodded at him.

"That's great", he said with a smile. "You look so tired, Mrs. Wu. You should take some rest."

"I told her that earlier but she's so stubborn", Giann said.

I smiled at them. "I'm okay."

"You're not, Mrs. Wu. I am taking you home."

I let out a small laugh. "No, really I'm fine."

"It's okay, Mom. Cedric and I will be staying here. You can come back first thing in the morning."

"That's right, Mrs. Wu. You should look very lively when GL opens her eyes again, right?", Cedric said.

"All right, all right. But I'm coming back early tomorrow."

"Sure thing, Mom."

"Should I send you home?", Cedric politely asked.

"You don't have to. The driver's outside."

I took my designer bag from the couch.

"You should sleep well, okay? Let go of that stress", Garry told me.

"That's right!", Cedric said enthusiastically.

"Okay then. I'm going home now. See you tomorrow, boys", I said as I closed the door behind me.