Good Wheels

(GL's POV)

"I'm not really interested, Mr. Yang", I said calmly. This man that manages the Green Rose (or Prism Wave in legal activities) has been convincing me to switch teams since I stepped out of my car earlier. My teammates had to postpone our victory party because of this.

"You see, Miryo. You are really good and with you as an addition to our team, we will become invulnerable. Just with you. Just because of you", he says with a grin.

"I am not the only talented racer in this world, Mr. Yang. Even our main wheel is better than me. Why don't you take him in? I know you know Xiao Lu", I suggested.

"That famous model Luigi? No. Not him. He is good but quite common in his age. We want young talent."

"I bet you know Zy. She's as young as me. Pretty good driver, too."

"She's fast but enough of speed. We need an exceptional young drifter." He tapped his cigarette on the ashtray as he offers me a stick. "I know you smoke."

"You a stalker? Even those people who call themselves my fans never found out", I said as I refused.

He let out a laugh as he laid back on his work chair. "I've been watching you since you joined your first race."

I just smirked. What a stalker.

He leaned forward and placed his elbows on the table as he puts his chin on the back of his hand. "Think about it, GL. A talent like you doesn't deserve a sh*tty team."

"Ya!", I shouted at him as I kicked the table. "Didn't we just win against your team earlier? That makes your team sh*ttier."

Green Rose. They rarely lose and is the best race team internationally, both in legal and illegal competitions. It's no doubt that every racing fan knows them. Getting invited to join this team is like finally debuting under the record label an aspiring talent has dreamed all his life, as Zy explains it. But I don't need this. I'm happy working with the Undercovers.

"But without you, they won't be able to. They have only made their team big in Korea's street racing when you joined them. Don't you realize that, Miryo? GL?", Leeteuk, Green Rose Korea's main wheel, says as he throws his arm around my shoulders.

"And didn't you just say I'm the best among those female drivers you have seen? You're really good, too. We should team up", Hyoyeon speaks before smirking at me.

"Actually", I started. "Well. Our team won against you because of me. Okay fine. Sure. I'll accept that. But isn't that saying I have beaten Green Rose myself?", I said as I stood up and removed Leeteuk's hand on my shoulder.

I bet the whole team got humiliated. They can't stop glaring at me and I almost got a slap from Hyoyeon if Yongguk didn't block her.

"How dare you." She spat out her gum on my jacket and all of us stared at it but I took it afterwards.

"I believe this is yours", I spoke as I thumbed the gum on her chest. I can hear Leeteuk snicker.
I stuck my tongue out at Hyoyeon before heading to the door. "If you need me that badly Mr. Yang, shouldn't you be the one begging to join my team?"

He stared at me as I gave him a smirk.

"Don't turn your back on me, Miryo", he threatened.

"I just did", I said as I stepped out of his office.

"What did he say? What happened?", Zy greeted me as soon as I met them by the park.

"He wanted me to be on his team", I answered her while I asked for a cigarette from manager Hyori and lit it for me.

"You're smoking again. Do you really wanna die?", Zy said worriedly.

"Pft."

"So did you accept the offer?", Zelo asked.

"I turned it down. Can't leave my team", I said as I tiptoed to mess his hair.

"Was Hyoyeon there?", Taecyeon asked as he comes closer to the group.

"Yes. Your ex-girlfriend was there", I teased him and he gave me a headlock.

"I guess we don't only have to celebrate our victory. We also have to celebrate GL turning down that invitation", Blondie joined in.

"Why can't they just take us all in? It's not like Miryo is the only good one here", Hyuna said as she glared at me. I grinned at her.

"Let's just go back to the base and celebrate", Manager told her.

"My treat", Blondie offered. "And you go buy, Zy."

"Eh? Why me?", she coughed as I blew some smoke in her face.

"Let's just go together", Zelo suggested as he took Blondie's card from his hand and proceeded to his Nissan GT-R R35. Zy pouted as she stepped inside her Porsche 911 Turbo S.

"Palli (quick). I'm hungry", Manager said as she leaned her arm on Zelo's car. "Don't get caught."

Zelo let out a laugh before they drove off.

"So? Let's go", Taecyeon said. He went inside the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 while Hyuna slammed her Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR's door as she comfortably sat inside.

I dropped my almost finished cigarette and stepped on it before I unlocked my Mercedes-Benz SL600. I have noticed that Blondie is already inside his Buggati Veyron Super Sport since its bright headlights are reflected on my rearview mirror as I started my engine.

And of course, when it comes to flashy cars, Manager Hyori is no exception. She also has this beauty, the Subaru WRX, even though she already stopped from racing.

"Yep", I spoke as I answered the call I just received.

"Where are you? It's late", Giann asked. I quickly looked at my phone and put it back on my ear.

It just turned 1 in the morning.

"This is not the first time. Why are you suddenly calling me?"

Blondie blared his horn at me so I rolled down my window and put down my phone for a moment. "You go ahead."

He nodded at me then they went off.

"Who are you with?", Giann questioned as soon as I put my phone back.

"I'm with Blondie and some friends."

Giann was just silent.

"Don't worry. I don't smoke weed or take drugs", I continued.

"Yes. You don't smoke weed, just cigarettes."

"I'm hanging up now."

"Have you cooled down?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"At least go home and don't make us worry anymore."

"I will if you kick that illegitimacy out of the house."

"GL. Come on", he pleaded.

I scoffed and hang up.

Why did he even call? Just to remind me of that? I hate this!

I rolled my window back up, put on my sunglasses, and drove away.