The Visitor

(Giann's POV)

"What happened to you?", I asked her as she went inside.

"Nothing important. A stranger sent her coffee flying on my swe.. wait. You're Miyoung, right?", she asked as she pointed at the visitor. Miyoung avoided her gaze as GL stepped closer to her.

"You've met?", Mom asked.

"She ruined my sweater", she answered. She looked back at Miyoung and said, "What business do you have here? Are you a stalker?"

"She actually came for something else", I corrected her.

She turned to me. "Okay. What is it?"

Mom approached GL and held her arm. "Take a seat, GL."

"No. Tell me right now", she protested.

Mom let out a sigh. "She's family."

GL rolled her eyes.
"Family? What? How?"
, she scoffed and pulled off her hand from mom's grip.

Dad held her arm and lead her far from the living room. We couldn't hear what Dad is saying but we can easily guess by how GL talks back in a loud voice.

"Sister?! What are you talking about?!"
"I ain't calming down!"
"This is unacceptable!"

I glanced at Miyoung. She just stares at her shoes as she clenches her fist, listening to GL's outbursts.

"She's not living here, right?"
"Dad! She is a proof that we weren't enough for you! And you're letting her stay? Bullsh*t!"

By judging Miyoung's reaction as GL said those words, I know she wasn't expecting that Dad was planning to let her live with us. Also from hyung's reaction. I can't react that much since I saw it coming.

"It looks like that!"
"No! You listen to me!"
"I've had enough!"

Then she storms up to her room with Dad tailing her.

"You kept me reminding of my mistakes when you obviously hid a pretty big one there!", he shouted at Dad as she stopped midway on the stairs. Dad stopped at the foot of the stairs.

"GL!", hyung scolded her.

"If you're all okay with this bullsh*t, I'm not! Never!", she said before running to her room and slamming the door behind her. I ran upstairs and knocked on her door. When she opened it after a few minutes, she has changed into clean clothes with a jacket on. She looked at me before running downstairs.

"Where are you going? Let's talk, honey", mom asked her nicely, hoping to make her turn around.

"I'm going outside to breath", she said in an angry tone. "Enjoy your stay, Miyoung."

There was absolute silence after she slammed the front door shut.

"She'll come back. She just needs some space", Mom comforted Miyoung who looks like she's about to cry.

"But you don't really have to take me in. I'm fine with just all of you being okay with me", she said.

"Shouldn't we follow her?", hyung suggested. Dad shook his head.

"You know it just gets worse when you try to talk to her when she's boiling all over", I pointed out.

Mom stood up and lead Miyoung to one of the guest rooms and lent some pajamas to her while Dad and hyung went to work. When Mom left her, I grabbed some fruits from the kitchen and knocked on her room.

"I brought some fruits", I told her as soon as she opened up. She shyly accepted it and invited me inside. I sat in front of the mirror to check myself.

"GL is like that. She's hard to get along with", I said.

"I understand her. It's really hard to accept a mistress's daughter."

"Yea right."

She nodded at me through the mirror. "You can also call me Meisha, by the way. Miyoung sounds so formal."

I turned around and smiled at her. "Okay."

She meekly smiled.

"I'll tell you this", I said as I stood up. "GL is furious right now so stay low and don't try to cross her path. Just don't do anything that will enrage her."

Her smile went away as she let out a sigh.

"I'm not scaring you or anything. It's just some brotherly advice, I guess", I said as I turned the doorknob open.

"Thank you, o..ppa", I heard her say. "I'm gonna keep that in mind."

"Good night, Meisha", I said as I went out.