Careless

(Miyoung's POV)

I was dusting the big vase in the living room when Glitters arrived with a small envelope.

"Hi", I greeted.

She just looked at me then proceeded to the stairs.

"They went out. They'll be home before 10", I informed her.

She turned around and handed me the envelope. "Since you're already here, better give this to you."

"Those are tickets for Bangtan's concert next month. Give it to Mom", she added.

I looked at the envelope and nodded.

She smirked. "You ain't coming, right? Because I was very sure not to get you one."

I looked up at her.

"Or if you really want to go, buy it yourself", she continued.

She turned to leave when I grabbed her arm. "Why do you have to be like this?"

She faced me and pushed my hand off. "Why not?"

"You're being unfair, you spoiled brat!"

I don't really know where I got the courage but I started this already so, better finish this.

Sh*t.

Her eyes widened in disbelief. "So you're fighting back now."

I walked up to her. "Yes, because you're too much."

She just smirked.

"I treated you with all the kindness I could find. What more do you need? Huh? For you to give me a chance."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't you still get it, Choi Miyoung? No matter what you do, you will never belong."

I balled my fist. "Oh really? You don't share even just a single ounce of blood with Garry, but you still treat him like a real brother! I'm your sister, too! And I deserve you even more!"

I let go of my tears. GL froze.

"What the fuc* are you saying?"

I wiped away my tears and looked at her. All these years..

"I said, what the fuc* are you saying?!" She angrily grabbed my collar. "What do you know?!"

She doesn't know?

Eunhyuk saw the scene and separated the two of us. Sooyoung-eonnie with some maids came rushing.

"GL, I'm sorry", I dumbfoundedly said.

Her gaze pierced through. "You careless freak just spilled an ancient secret."

She pushed Eunhyuk away and left.

I turned to Sooyoung-eonnie and cried even more.

"My God! What have I done?", I faintly asked.

Sooyoung-eonnie rubbed my back and shushed me.

"What happened?", Giann asked in an angry tone.

Home is where you should relax so I feel really guilty adding more stress when he just arrived.

"Why is GL so furious just now?", he added. He turned to me. "What did you do?"

I sniffled. "I swear I didn't know."

He came closer. "Didn't know what?"

I paused for a moment, preparing myself for whatever his reaction would be. "About Garry-oppa."

He gasped. "You told her?!"

Tears fell. "I didn't do it on purpose! I'm sorry!"

He covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I'm very sorry, opp-"

"Don't even", he cut me off. "Maybe GL was right when she said you're ruining this family."

He left me a glare before he ran out of the house.

I dropped to the floor and cried again.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry! ", I apologized. I lifted my palms to my face.

"Miyoung? What are you doing? Get up."

I looked up and Mom helped me stand.
"Why are you crying? What's wrong?", she asked while wiping my tears.

I hugged her. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

"What are you saying?", she asked.

I closed my eyes and hugged her tight.

"Sohee."

We turned around and saw Dad at the entrance.

"It's GL", he said as he approached us.

I cried even louder.

"Why? What is going on?", she confusingly questioned.

I held in my tears. "It was me. I told her."

Dad looked at me in disbelief.

"I told her he was adopted, Mom!", I cried out. "But I swear. I didn't know."

Mom gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. Dad still locked his eyes on me.

I wiped away my tears and ran off.

"Miyoung!"

I ignored it and ran past the gates.

"Miyoung, come back!"

Tears fell and I didn't stop.

I just ran and ran, until I did a turn. A truck that delivers goods to the market was parked aside. I climbed up the back portion and hid at the other end, behind the baskets of fruits. I wiped away my tears and calmed myself a bit.

Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.