Eight Laps

(G-Dragon's POV)

"You can't come in here! How the heck did you even get inside?!"

I tilted my head to the direction of the noise and found CL pulling Leeteuk and Hyoyeon back to the door but the duo is obviously a lot stronger.

"Let go, CL. You're wasting your energy", GL said as soon as she came out of the car. Her skills surely haven't changed. She's still good as ever.

CL let go and pulled back her hair which covered her face from all the tugging.

"What brought you here?", I asked.

"Well", he said as he sat on the bench. "I have something to ask GL again."

GL scoffed. "I told you, no. You traveled all the way for that? Psh."

"It's to show some effort and determination, I guess", Leeteuk smiled.

"Just stop it. I'm not changing my mind."

"C'mon GL. Don't waste our time", Hyoyeon butted in.

"Did I tell you to do so?", GL replied.

Hyoyeon took fast strides and stopped just a few inches away from GL. She grabbed her shirt and held it tight. We all reacted but GL raised a hand to stop us from doing anything.

"Listen, brat", Hyoyeon stated with anger in her voice. "Don't be too hard for everyone. The best people should flock together. How stupid can you get?"

GL just laughed. She stopped after a few seconds and stared at Hyoyeon straight in the eyes. "What makes you think you're the best? Don't make me laugh, eonnie (older sister)."

Feeling mocked, Hyoyeon pushed her and let out a laugh. I was able to catch GL before she could land on the ground.

"Are you challenging me?", she asked.

"If you're confident enough, I think I am", GL said as she regained her balance.

"This is not what we're told, Hyo. Chill out", Leeteuk said as he grabbed her arm.

"What are you so scared of, Leeteuk?", GL asked with a smile.

He glared at GL and let go of Hyoyeon's arm with force. "Then just crush her. She's asking for it."

"So what do I get if I win? You joining the team?", Hyoyeon asked.

"Like you'd win", GL said as she flashed a smile.

"I will, you brat", Hyoyeon answered, pointing a finger at GL's face. She looked around then glared at Henry. "What are you staring at? Get the keys!"

Henry gulped and ran to get them.

I looked at GL and she nodded at me. Henry came back running, handed one car key to Hyoyeon and another one for GL.

"Please take good care of me, eonnie", GL mocked and gave her a slight bow. Hyoyeon just rolled her eyes and went inside the car, leaving GL with a smirk on her face.

"Show them what it means to be the best", I said as I approached her.

She gave me a smile and went inside the car. "No sweat."

They started their engines, a sign for me to start the race. I stood in front of the cars and raised 8 fingers, which means they have to make 8 laps. Obviously, the one who completes it first is the winner.

The engines revved up and with the wave of my hand, they passed me with such speed. I quickly ran to the side. Hyoyeon's car gives GL's a few slams, sending it to the very side. No wonder they call her Green Rose's dancing destruction. Dancing is actually her first love and she was working as a record label's choreographer before racing found her. And as we can see now, she's such a destruction to my precious babies.

But expected from GL, she slams back and zoomed away from her.

First lap complete.

Hyoyeon races as fast as she could to catch up, then slamming her car against GL's again. The friction between the two cars is too much that it sends out sparks.
I let out a sigh. My precious cars. T^T

Second lap complete.

Then the third,

Fourth,

Fifth.

Being the better drifter, GL always completes a lap first. That's a nice thing but then Hyoyeon catches up and damages my cars again. It's the same story from the start until they completed the sixth lap.

Aiming for the seventh, GL suddenly slowed down a little bit. This kid is such a bragger. Hyoyeon took the chance, of course. She passed by GL in a flash. Seeing her in quite some distance, GL revved up to close the gap.

She plans to do an overtake when Hyoyeon suddenly halted, blocking the way.

No. This isn't happening.

The cars collided.

We all ran to the scene and quickly pulled the two of them out of the car. Some of the members ran to get the fire extinguishers before the cars decide to explode. Leeteuk and the other members tried waking up Hyoyeon as CL dials the hospital.

"GL! GL! Can you hear me? Wake up!", I shouted at her face as I slap it a few times. Her head hit the steering wheel hard, causing her to lose consciousness. Her forehead is bleeding a lot but the other parts of her body looks fine.

"See? You came here and did this to our GL, you freaking as*hole!", CL shouted at Leeteuk as she slaps the back of his head.

"Will you please contain yourself, CL?! Don't add up to the scene!", I scolded CL as I shot her a glare.

She was supposed to shout back at me when we heard the ambulance siren. The service team quickly ran to the unconscious drivers. They laid them on stretchers and quickly loaded them in the ambulance.

"Who are coming with this patient? Only two people can accompany them", one of them said. I quickly jumped inside.

"What is happening here?! Where is Ms. Wu?", someone in a suit rushed inside and asked in a panicking voice.

"Are you her driver?", CL asked.

"Yes. Where is she? Is she in that ambulance?!", he asked with wide eyes.

"No more questions. Just follow that ambulance!", CL said as he pulled the man's hand and lead him outside to his car.

I glanced at the other ambulance and saw Leeteuk get inside. He was the only one with Hyoyeon so they were rushed to the hospital first.

Henry hurriedly boarded the ambulance and eith that, we sped off.

I clenched my fist as the flashbacks started playing inside my head. I hate how this anger and guilt is swallowing me whole.

I should've just disapproved the race.
I should've helped CL pull them out of my territory.
I should've changed my mind before I waved my hand.

What kind of leader am I? I can't believe it's just now that I opened my eyes to how vulnerable GL really is. She comes off strong but she's still that 16-year-old girl who should be enjoying her teenage life instead of risking it.

With my head down, I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. I can't afford to throw my bad temper in an ambulance.

"Leader", Henry whispered as he clasped my hand.
I looked up at him and he was smiling at me.

"This GL is the best, right? You gotta believe in her", he said with a heart of hope.

I pulled off a weak smile as I patted his shoulder. "I know."