Homecoming

(GL's POV)

"What?"

I dropped the spoon back on the plate. They all looked at me.

"You ain't kidding, right?", I gulped. "Alright, alright. I'm coming."

I ended the call and quickly stood up from my seat.

"Where are you going? What's going on?", Cedric asked as he grabbed my wrist.

"I'm leaving." I let go of his grasp and quickly rushed out of the restaurant. The dinner was so good that it's such a waste to leave it like that.

But I have to get to Dad. As soon as possible.

I waved at a cab and it took me to the airport in no time. I boarded a private plane to Canada. In this situation, I can't afford any delays.

I'm trying to get some sleep.
I forced my eyes shut.
I breathed in and out.

I'm so disturbed. So many things are running in my mind.

* *

Vancouver.

Someone came to pick me up and he sent me to Dad as fast as he can.

"Dad!", were the first words that came out of my mouth as soon as the door flung open.

He looked at me with his tired eyes and smiled. "GL."

I rushed to the side of his bed and gave him a tight hug. "You collapsed? Why? Are you sick?"

"Sick? It's stress, GL. I'm having more work lately."

I let out a sigh. "Isn't Garry helping you?"

"I am the CEO. It's normal that I work harder."

"Then just give up your position. Give it to Giann or Garry!"

"Not now, GL."

"You're not stressed, Dad. You're sick. Who stays in a hospital bed because of stress?"

He let out a sigh. "It's your grandmother who is being melodramatic. She confined me here. I told her I'm fine but she insisted that I stay for a while."

I nodded. "I see."

"Come here", he said as he motioned me to climb up on his bed. I snuggled close to him and he pulled me closer with his arm around shoulder. "How's my princess? Is she eating well?"

I rolled my eyes. "I told you not to call me that anymore."

He laughed. "I never thought you'd fly right away. This is nothing."

I glared at him. "Nothing? If gramommy didn't call me, I wouldn't have known. Is mom coming?"

"I told her not to worry and not to come."

I sighed loudly. "You're crazy. You should've let her come. You know she goes insane in situations like this."

"You both do."

I lightly slapped his chest. "Ya! Of course. You're family."

"Okay fine. Fine. I heard you were in Japan."

"I was with Cedric. Then Luigi, Sean, the Zhang sisters, and.."

"And?"

I rolled my eyes. "That illegitimacy also came with them."