As Red as Pomegranates

(GL's POV)

"You don't have to act so gentleman.. you naughty blondie."

I can't take those words off my head. He might have taken what I said the other way. I said that because I don't even like him one bit! He's so tacky. Why? Just look at him once and you'll know he's been with a lot of women. He might think I'm flirting with him. No way.

"GL, this is Mrs. Kim", Dad said.

I offered my hand and Mrs. Kim took it. "I've met her earlier though, Kris."

"I know. But I remember you always tell me to have proper introductions", Dad told her.

"Yea. I know", Yuni told him.

The way Yuni talks to my Dad shows that they've had a good relationship together. Makes me want to know how they were back then.

"And beside her is Mr. Kim", Dad continued.

I moved my attention to Yuni's husband. This thing's hot.

Tanned skin. Sexy build. And those intimidating eyes.

"So you're GL. Nice to meet you", he said, offering me his hand.

I took it and I felt that electrifying feeling from my hand go up to my.. heart?

"And of course, Mrs. Zhang and her husband", Dad said.

Although this Mrs. Zhang has dark circles under her eyes, she was definitely pretty. And Mr. Zhang has that aura of a good father and husband, a good person in general.

They took turns shaking my hand and I gave them my sincere smile. I like this couple.

Dad put his hand around my shoulder and pulled me close. "You remember all that, GL?"

"Mr. and Mrs Kim. Mr. and Mrs. Zhang", I said, pointing at each couple. They gave me a nod and a smile.

"Aren't they coming, Dad? Isn't it getting too late already?", I asked, checking the time on my phone.

"Who?", he asked.

"Your former members?"

They all looked at each other and laughed. What's so funny?

"These guys are my former members. GL, Mr. Kim is Kai and Mr. Zhang is Lay. We are the 3iO."

What the actual f*ck. 
"Like.. you married.. each other?", I asked confusingly.

"Yes", Lay answered. I'm gonna call Mr. Zhang Lay now. Big mistake for oldies telling me their first names. And I'm westernized for God's sake. It's understandable.

I'm really amazed. This kinds of situations is rare. "Did you do this on purpose?"

"It's love, GL", Kai said as he embraced Yuni. We smiled at each other.

I turned around to face Mom and Dad but they weren't there anymore. I looked around and found them on the balcony. I excused myself from the former members and went to them.

"What's up? You just left your members there", I said. Dad turned around and looked at me.

"What is love, GL?", Mom asked surprisingly as she stared at the bright city.

I looked at Dad and he just stared at me. It took me quite a while to answer because I don't really know what to say.

"I guess.. it's us", I said as I hugged Mom from behind. "Giann. Garry. Dad. You. Me."

Mom turned around smiling and she hugged me back. This time, Dad hugged both of us and he kissed the top of my head.

I don't understand. Why is this atmosphere so unreal?

They stopped hugging me and invited me to go inside.
"I'll stay here for a while. The wind's nice", I told them so they went inside without me.

I let out a sigh as the glass door closed behind me. I took a step closer to the balcony railing and held on it. I closed my eyes and felt the cool breeze blow my hair. I just wish it would also blow away these uneasy thoughts.

Am I missing something?

I opened my eyes when I felt somebody take hold of my hair. I turned around and he pulled my red hair before his nose.

"As red as pomegranates", he said and gave me a smirk. "And even smells like one."