Mosquitoes

(Cedric's POV)

"Ya. Ireona (stand up). Breakfast is ready", I told GL as I pinched her cheek. She angrily opened her eyes and slapped my hand. I noticed the silver band on her finger and held it closer to my eyes for a better look. "Did you get married last night? I haven't seen this before."

She pulled away her hand and sat up. She looked around the campervan with a puzzled look. "How did I get here?"

"You're lucky Mr. Kim took a late-night stroll and found you sleeping somewhere in the forest. You could've been devoured by wolves."

"So I wasn't dreaming", she said as she scratched the back of her head. She turned to me and glared. I looked away while she stood up to look for her hairbrush.

"I'll just wait for you outside", I told her as I stepped out.

"Is she awake already?", Mr. Kim asked and I gave him a nod. I excused myself and headed for the stream. Just then, somebody pushed me but the person held onto my shirt and just pulled me back when I thought I was about to have an early swim in the stream. I turned around and it was GL.

"Sup ass", she said.

"What were you doing last night?", I asked.

"I couldn't sleep so I went out."

"And then decided to just sleep there? That was pretty dangerous."

"Kai found me. No big deal", she answered as she sat down to wash her hands in the stream.

"What if he didn't?"

"I'm probably dead right now."

"Yes. That's right. You shouldn't do that again", I told her as I gave her a towel.

"You're stressing yourself too much, ass."

"That's a pretty ring. You found that last night?", I asked as I looked at it.

She threw the towel at my face and then stuffed her hands on her pocket. "Like I'd pick up things from this place and wear them."

"So somebody gave it to you?"

"I bought it a few weeks ago. I just decided to wear it last night."

I nodded at her response.
"Are you okay?"
, I asked her as I spotted two red spots on her neck.

"Huh?"

"Your neck."

She quickly covered it. "Oh. You know, mosquitoes. I was out in the woods last night", she explained.

I smiled at her awkward cuteness and put my arm around her shoulder. "Let's go. They're serving breakfast already."

She took my hand off and glared at me. "Who says we're friends, ass", she said as she ran towards the table.

"Ya! I'll make it up to you! Just forgive me!", I called out to her as I ran after her.

2 hours later, we started driving home.

* *

(______'s POV)

I felt a sting on my cheek and slapped it. I opened my eyes and found a dead mosquito on my palm.

I wiped it on the sheet and yawned and stretched before I grabbed my phone. It's already 9 in the morning and I just woke up. Today is a Saturday so there's no school and I should be at work now. But I got fired so I basically have nothing to do. I should be seeing mom do the laundry at this hour but she crossed the street when she shouldn't have 2 weeks ago. Well, if she wasn't a drunkard, I think that woudn't happen.

*beep*

I raised my phone to check the message I just received.

Dad: don't forget. 8pm tonight. I'll be waiting. (08/02, 9:05am)

I let my phone fall on my chest as I took a deep breath. After calming myself, I picked it up and replied.

Me: do I really have to, dad? I'm scared. (08/02, 9:07am)

Dad: didn't we already talk about this? (08/02, 9:08am)

I let out a sigh as I typed him another message.

Me: okay fine. I'll go. (08/02, 9:08am)

I stood up and threw my phone on the bed. I went to the kitchen which is only a few steps from my bed and grabbed some ramen inside the drawer. I sent my clothes flying as I look for clothes to wear later while I wait for the ramen to cook.

I picked out the checkered blouse that I only wear when I go to Church while I chose the better looking skinny jeans out of the three that I have. And with no other choice, I picked up my only sneakers and started wiping it with some cloth.

I transferred the ramen to a bowl and started eating it. I really can't imagine what's going to happen tonight.

"Eomma, ottokae (mother, what do I do)? You watch over me, okay?", I sighed as I looked at the picture of smiling mom on top of the shelf.