Gone Somewhere

(Taehyung's POV)

I stretched and yawned. Why is GL suddenly calling a meeting at 8am? This is unusual.

Today marks the start of our all-out preparation for our world tour, but GL said we would meet up at 2pm.

The door opened and GL came in. We greeted her, but she just stood there and didn't say anything.

"What's with the early meeting?", leader Namjoon asked.

She clasped her hands. "Well, I'm resigning."

We gave her a confused look.

"But don't worry, I brought someone who will be your new manager", she continued.

She opened the door and invited a tall but plain-looking guy inside.

"Bangtan, this is Mr. Lee Junmi. He'll be handling you starting today."

Mr. Lee gave us a bow.

"You can go back to your dorm now", she said as she aimed for the doorknob.

"How about the world tour?", Jin asked.

She turned around. "What about it? You have Mr. Lee."

Namjoon shook his head. "We dreamed this together. We aimed for this together. And now that we're at it, you're leaving?"

We nodded in agreement.

"That's your dream. I simply helped. Besides, you don't need me onstage. You can perform without me", she answered.

"But you said you're our strong point", Jungkook blurted out.

She scoffed. "Stop talking nonsense."

She opened the door and left with Mr. Lee. We looked at each other, overwhelmed by just what happened.

I shook my head before running after GL. Luckily, I caught up with her.

"What are you doing?"

She put on her sunglasses. "Waiting for the elevator.

I clicked my tongue. "GL."

"I'm stressed and tired. I need a time for myself."

I held her hand. "But you're coming back, right?"

She smirked. "You don't need me anymore."

I cupped her cheeks. "What? No! We need you. I need you."

She took my hands off her face. "Adjust.. because we're over."

The elevator dinged, in sync with the sudden prick I felt in my heart.

She went inside, leaving me dumbfounded.

What happened to staying no matter what?

* *

3 months have passed, and we still have no idea where GL fled after she dumped me.

I'm pretty amazed how we still manage to give trending performances, despite always being depressed when we're backstage.

Mr. Lee is too kind.. and boring. He's too quiet. All we hear are quick footsteps and angry blowers in the room.

I want GL back, even if she shouts at us every 10 minutes. I don't care.

"It's the last leg of our world tour tonight. How do you feel?", Maknae asked, holding a video recorder.

I immediately grinned. "Daebak (amazing)! It's nice how our armys never get tired of supporting us. The screams are unbeatable!"

Jungkook laughed and proceeded to the next member. I returned to my sad self.

"The old Taehyung was very irritating, but I really want him back", Namjoon said as he patted my shoulder. I turned to him and smiled.

"I wonder how far she is right now?", I blankly asked.

Namjoon sighed. "Well, she withdrew half of her bank account so, she must really be far away. Even left her credit cards and phones. I bet she's somewhere she can truly relax."

I sighed, too. "Nobody knows where she is. Even her family! How much relaxation does she need?"

Namjoon sat beside me. "You know, I'm very troubled myself. But let's set aside our worries for a while. We'll have lots of time thinking about that when this is over."

I nodded as we stood up to wear our lapels.

"Besides, the authorities are still on it. They're not stopping until they find her", he added.

"Even if we don't know where she is, I'm sure she's doing just fine", Jin said as he fixed my lapel. "That girl is fierce."

I smiled at him. "So fierce."

"10 minutes!", a staff shouted as soon as she reached our dressing room.

We assembled together and did our usual routine. Forming a circle, we held out our hand and placed it at the center.

"Bang Bang Bangtan, fighting!"