Shattered Windows

Pacing back and forth outside the chairwoman's office, I waited for my mom. I keep on checking my phone. I've been waiting for half an hour already. I leaned my back against the wall and put on my earphones. I was tapping my foot to the rhythm when somebody took one piece off my ear.

"She better come, Glitters. You are not getting away this time!", Mrs. White yelled at me. I smirked at her and put the earbud back on. Seeing this, she pointed at me and stormed inside the chairwoman's office.

"Oh my God, GL. What is it this time?"

I looked at where the voice came from and saw my mom with her sunglasses on. I rushed to her and hugged her.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

I shook my head and answered, "I destroyed Mrs. White's car windows, Mom."

As expected, she was not surprised at all. I've done so many stupid things that she got used to it. She just let out a sigh and held my hand. "Let's go inside, then."

She turned the doorknob and she was greeted by a smile from the chairwoman while Mrs. White didn't even glance at her.

Mom shook hands with the chairwoman and we were invited to sit down.

"So..may I know what happened?", Mom asked the Chairwoman.

"Well, the alarm from Mrs. White's car went off earlier and a student found your daughter smashing the car windows and reported it to us", the Chairwoman explained.

"Why would you do such thing, GL?", Mom asked me.

"Smart girl but with no manners. What's the point?", Mrs. White butted in.

"If you're not so against me, this wouldn't happen. Tell me, Mrs. White. Why do you have to stick your nose into my business all the time? Am I that interesting?", I asked her.

She glared at me and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm really sorry, Mrs. White. I assure you that I will replace your car with a new one. Are we settled now?", Mom told her as she checked the time.

Mom settles these things quick for she is a busy person, so much schedule. She has no time to argue and talk about it.

The Chairwoman looked at Mrs. White, waiting for her answer.

Mrs. White then put out her hand. "I guess."

Mom took her hand and it was all settled.

I scoffed at the sight. "You know what, Mom? I quit."

All of them stared at me. "Quit? Quit what?", she asked.

"School." I then faced the Chairwoman. "Thank you for your patience, Mrs Smith."

Mrs. Smith looked at my Mom. "What is your thought about this, Mrs. Wu?"

My mom looked at me and smiled. "Let it be."

Mrs. Smith nodded. "Alright. I'm gonna prepare her drop-out papers, then."

"Why do you have to leave? It's settled", Mrs. White asked nicely.

She must be really happy, getting a new car that is much better than her stupid one.

"We're not" I smiled. "Goodbye, Mrs. White", I said while going out of the office.

I sat inside Mom's car as I waited for her. She then appeared at the entrance of the building with Mrs. Smith and Mrs. White. They were both enthusiastically talking to her and Mrs. White is acting so nice and close with Mom. I just wanna slap her but I can't. That's disrespectful.

Instead, I went out of the car and took the baseball bat that I leaned on a tree. I borrowed it from the baseball club and they gave it to me without hesitation.

I proceeded to Mrs. White's car and smashed it even more.

They were all surprised by the ruckus that even the students who were peacefully listening to their teachers, looked out of their windows to see what was happening.

I grinned at Mrs. White and gave her a thumbs up. "It's okay. You're gonna get a new one, anyway."

Mrs. Smith and Mrs. White just stood there in shock.

I then looked up at the curious students and shouted, "What?"

I was about to get inside the car when a student shouted, "Is your mom with you, GL?!"

I smirked at her then rushed to my Mother, pulling her out of the building to give the students a better view.

They all started screaming and took out their phones to get photos of Sunny Wu, an international star who happens to be my mom.

Knowing she has no other choice, she smiled at them and waved.

I let the students get enough photos of my Mom before I held her hand and lead her to the car.

"You got to drive away now", Mom told the driver.

He drove off fast and I smiled. "Was it fun, Mom?"

"Kind of", she answered while smiling at me.

"I'm worried about your Dad. He must have known by now that you caused another commotion at school", she added with a worried look on her face.

She looked at me and pulled me closer to her. "You even dropped out."

"I know. I bet he's gonna get me a personal teacher again", I said.

I then looked at her and asked, "Mom? Why can't I just not study?"

"Why? Is it tiring already? I can get you into show business if you want", she said with a giggle.

I shook my head. "Nah. That's even more tiring."