Learning why

Recap

All I was wondering was why did they fight over a seat? Did they have problems before coming to school? Well I guess I'd have to wait after school.

******************************

▷▷▷▷▷▷ Bringggggg ◁◁◁◁◁◁◁◁

That was the last bell of the day. Whew finally now I have to go to Brandon's for an hour and go to work after.

My dad always told me to work hard for what I want, so I'm working hard to support my sister and I.

" Brandon!!!! " I yelled as my voice traveled all over the house.

" What Aaliyah?! "

" I wanted to talk to you about today " I was hesitant because he might tell me to back off.

" If your asking about the situation between Kayla and Ernesto then no. "

" Bu- " I was about to protest but he beat me to it.

" No Aaliyah! That's like me telling Ernesto about your problems when I promised you I wouldn't tell no one. If you wanna know ask him or Kayla. Cause I ain't gonna say shit and you ain't changing my mind " he basically spat at me!

I didn't even reply, I walked out the living room and ran upstairs. He could've just said no and not bascially tell me off.

I locked the door and went to take care of myself before work.

I grabbed my brown shoulder bag and put my things in there and finished my look.

Oh your probably worried about Angel and where she is, well her school has an afterschool program. It fits my busy schedule.

I can now go home and get ready rather than go get her and change in the car when I get to work.

I grabbed my things and ran downstairs. I got myself a snack and one for Angel. Since I didn't want to encounter Brandon I quickly ran outside and inside my car.

Okay you might be saying I'm over thinking the situation. No I'm not. I've never been told off in a rude way by him before and I'm not going to confront him. Whether or not he has a weak spot for me.

I didn't want to feel weak or anything.

I started the engine and rode off to work.

▶▶▶▶ At work ◀◀◀◀

" Table three L' Aliyah now! " the cook yells  at me.

I'm use to it I mean that's how this cafe works. Yes it's on the good side of town.

I walked to table three and gave them their order. It brought a percing pain in my chest.

A family, a full family. Both parents were there and three siblings. They had a set if twin girls. It was something I was hoping for. Lots of siblings but I never got it.

It brings back memories and I just want to curl up in bed and mourn in misery.

I went to the next table with a waiting customer was waiting to be served.

Let me remind you this part of town may be better, trust me the hood boys always come over here. Why? The people living around here have valuable and expensive things. Plus they all want to show who has it all.

Stupid drug games.

I don't understand why Brandon does it.

His mother works and his father.

Anyways...

I walked to the customer who was sitting alone.

" Hello, my name is L'Aliyah and I'm going to be serving you today. Are you ready to order? " that was my line introduction line.

He looked at me for a bit and places his order. Let me remind you he was a drug dealer. Didn't catch it? The good part of town and drug dealers come to show off? No well I don't know what to say.

Little pervert was probably 19 checking me out.

Anyways I got his order place and fixed other open tables.

When he's order was called I went to grab it and walked to his table.

I was walking back and saw him talking to Ernesto. The cafe was complex so as I was coming they wouldn't see me.

" Yo, Kevin's back in town. Him and Kayla." Ernesto told the dude.

I was standing in the corner listening.

" Man, don't you got beef with him for dropping you and stabbing you in the back?" the dude replied

" Yea man, that bitch stole my shit. We was bros man and he did that. And that Kayla bitch she's a snake. She reports every shit to Jax " Ernesto said obviously angry.

Who's Jax?

I thought I did enough ease dropping and went to give him his food.

" Here you go. Would you like anything else?" I asked the stranger

" No thank you beautiful. " he relpief and winked at me.

Disgusting.

" I want sum shawty " Ernesto replied.

Ugh.

" What do you want? " I asked him not so politely.

" Well that's no way to treat your customer, is it? " he questioned.

" No, but when it comes to you then absolutely. " I told him back.

Before this 'agruement' got heated I told him to place his stupid order.

***** Five Minutes Later *******

I brought his food back and left. My shift was finally over.

I went to Brandon's house and parked the car and went inside. Brandon was sitting on the couch, if he wants to talk I'm too tired.

" Liyah come here i wanna talk about what happebed before you left. " he sounded tired.

" I already did, and I'm to tired. Good night. "

I went up the stairs into my shared bedroom with Angel.

She was peacefully sleeping.

I took a short bath and put on my shorts and a big t-shirt from my dad. I climbed in bed with Angel and put her under my arms.

I thought about today, life and what will be thrown at me later on in life.

Eventually after all my thinking, I fell into a blissful deep sleep.

⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨
Short update but...

I updated just for my shawty! Its late and I'm so tired. I tried, remeber to vote and comment. Once this book hits at least 100-120 votes I'll updated every two days. Thanks for the reads, voted and comments. It means so much.

Shout out to ArieaSanders for all the votes. Thanks love .

Have a good day, night. Whenever you reading this, lol. ✨

Lots of loves

Queen K♡✨