Prologue - The Trial of Fury

The Guardians are a group of beings who oversee the fundamental aspects of existence. Each of them has a unique role and responsibility in maintaining the balance and harmony of the universe. Their purpose is to protect their domains from any threats or disturbances and to assist other beings in their quest for knowledge and growth. 

~~~

Six of the higher guardians are seated in a semicircle, their expressions stern and unyielding. In the center of the room stands a solitary chair. Aza, the Guardian of Power, drags Odysseus in, bound with shimmering magical chains. Odysseus wears a menacing grin as he is forcefully seated. Aza stands behind him, gripping his right shoulder tightly.

Veda, the Guardian of Knowledge, rises and begins to speak. "Thank you for bringing him, Aza. We shall begi—" She sighs deeply. "Where is Death?" She glances at Aviv.

"Don't look at me. No matter how many times I lecture him about punctuality, he never listens," Aviv, the Guardian of Time, replies in a monotone voice.

Veda turns to her right. "Aoibhe, do you know where he is?"

"Do I look like his keeper?" Aoibhe, the Guardian of Life, snaps with attitude.

"That's not... just... Nevermind. We can get started withou—" Veda is interrupted as a black portal materializes in the room.

Death, who prefers to be called Bob, stumbles in. "SORRY, sorry. Had a sudden emergency. You wouldn't believe who just died. OH, and how he died was just crazy. I tell you there was some—"

"DEATH!" Veda snaps, her eyes cold.

"thing..." Bob clears his throat and straightens his cloak. "Yes, ma'am." He quickly moves to his seat between Aoibhe and Versa, the Guardian of Realms. Leaning over to Versa, he whispers, "What's up with Miss Smartie Pants over here?"

Versa whispers back, "Don't you know why we're here? Read the room..."

Bob looks around and whispers back, "Yeah, still not getting it. Who's that in the middle of the room? And why is he giving you an intensely creepy stare?"

Versa facepalms. "Just... listen for once. This is serious."

They notice Veda glaring at them. "Are you done? I'd really like to get started." Bob sits back and nods.

"Thank you." Veda turns back to Odysseus. "Now then, Odysseus, Guardian of Fury. Do you know why you are here today?"

Odysseus replies with a snarky smile, "No, I don't. Would you please enlighten me, Your Majesty of Infinite Wisdom?"

Veda glares at him. "Don't push your luck, Fury. I'll show you what real fury looks like."

Aether, the Guardian of Elements, places her hand on Veda's arm and whispers, "Veda, this is no time to lose your cool. He's just trying to get into your head. It's an obvious villain tactic."

Veda sighs. "Yes, you're right. Moving on... Odysseus, Guardian of Fury..."

"Yeah, you said that already. Honestly, I'm getting sick of hearing it." Odysseus rolls his eyes.

Veda ignores him, clears her throat, and speaks louder. "You are charged with plotting with another guardian to perform illegal acts. Would you care to explain just what you were plotting?"

Odysseus grins. "And why would I do tha—" He stutters as Aza tightens his grip. "—at. Geez, Aza, loosen up, will ya? I think you've been hitting those protein shakes too much."

Aza's glare could cut steel. "Answer the question, boy."

Odysseus rolls his eyes again. "Fine. We were planning to give the lower guardians a little boost of power so they could feel like all you high and mighty guardians."