20 - the meadow

You're welcome

The plane buzzed as it began to descend into LAX. Blakely hadn't made it to the Santa Clara shows and felt awful about it. She made sure to send Gracie flowers and a note.

My girl,
I know you are going to blow the crowd away like you always do! I'll be watching and cheering for you through a shit live. I wish I could be there for you tonight, cheering for you in the crowd and waiting on the side of the stage. I wish I could be there to hold and kiss you when you get off the stage. You're my everything Gracie.
Love, Blakely

Gracie called the the actress after she got the bundle of Daisy's. Thanking her before she had to go out on stage. Blakely hated being away from Gracie, so here she was, flying across the country on a Red Eye flight to get to her. Blakely did it last second, she was looking at Big Sur, there was a place she wanted to take Gracie. She knew the brunette would have the next few days free so, why not steal her away?

When the plane finally landed, Blakely moved quickly, wanting to get Gracie out of her home before Hayes could wake up. So a little under an hour later, Blakely was in a rental car and on her way to Gracies.

The buzzing of Gracie's phone woke the girl up from her sleep. Her eyes barely cracked open as she grabbed her phone. Without looking she answered and pressed the phone to her ear

"Hello?" Gracie said, her voice was thick with sleep as she rolled into her back. Her head turning to look at the boy on the far side of the bed

"Hey pretty girl" Sleep washed away from Gracie as a smile appeared on her face

"Blake" she whispered. Blakely could almost hear her smile. "Why are you calling me" the girl paused, pulling her phone from her ear and checking the time. It was 3:48 "You do realize im three house behind you right?, it's almost 4am" Blakley laughed lightly.

"It's almost 4 for me too Gray. I'm coming to kidnap you." Gracie sat up in bed quickly

"What?" She said loudly. With wide eyes she looked at Hayes who had moved a bit but continued to sleep "what do you mean?" Gracie questioned the actress as she got out of bed and walked out of the room quietly

"I took the red eye to LA. I'm like 10 minutes away, put on some jeans and a hoodie. Grab some other cloths too. We are going on a little road trip. Is that ok?" Blakey said on the other line. Without a second thought gracie rushed to get ready as quickly and quietly as she could

"Where are we going? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? Blake what am I going to do about Hayes, he's here?" Gracie rambled on, frantically packing a bag.

"I can't tell you it's a surprise, me coming was also a surprise and just tell him you had to go into the studio early and won't be home til late so he should just head home" Blakely told the girl, already knowing what the singer would have to say as she glanced at the maps on her phone. Blakely had two turns left before she would be in the Abrams girls driveway.

Gracie mumbled an ok into the phone as she tied up her converse before rushing to find a paper and pen, quickly writing 'wanted to spend the day at the studio had a lot of ideas I want to work out with myself and team. I'll text you later.' She finished the letter with her name and a smile.

"I'm pulling next to your driveway" the blonde girl said as Gracie put the note on the bed side table next to the boys phone.

"I'm coming" Gracie whispered into the phone as soon as she had left the room.

"Ok see you in a sec" Blakely responded, Gracie said something similar as she grabbed her bag and hung up the phone. Gracie pulled the hood over her head. She made sure to close the front door gently, making sure to lock it before running to the gate, closing and locking it as well.