27 - family that i chose

The sound of car tires slowing against gravel was loud to Blakely. All day she had been anxious about meeting Gracie's parents again. After dinner, Gracie asked Blakely if it was ok for her to introduce the girl as her girlfriend to her parents. Of course Blakely agreed but she was slightly scared for the reaction they might have.

The brunette put her car into park and shut the car off. Boston and Abby were in the backseat. The photographer insisted she come along with them. She was family after all.

Blakely was quick to get out of the car, rounding to the drivers side and opening the door before Gracie could even gather all her things.

"Thank you." Her girlfriend said as she got out of the car. The girls shared a quick kiss before they walked to the door, Gracie's body bumped into the blondes. Blakelys hand rested gently on the small of Gracie back.

"They are so cute." Abby smiled watching the two girls giggle. Boston nodded in agreement

"They are really good for each other too." He added, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"How are things with Sabrina?" The girl asked, trying to make conversation with him

"Oh, we aren't together or anything" Boston shook his head

"Oh sorry, I just assumed. T- that's my bad." She quickly apologized

"No no your fine, it was just a little fling thing, we are just better of as friends." The older boy said with a smile, he didn't seem too effected by it. Sabrina really was a nice girl but in the end, it wasn't something that would have really worked out.

"I know what you mean." Abby said with a tight lip smile.

As the four walked up the steps to the door, Katie, Gracie's mother opened the door. A warm smile was plastered on her face.

"Oh my girl!" The older woman opened her arms, Gracie tilted her head to the side, her smile warm just like her mothers

"Hey mama." The two hugged each other tightly, her mom pressing a kiss to her daughters cheek as they pulled away. Katie turned her attention to the blonde girl

"Blakely, it's good to see you again sweetheart." Katie pulled Blakely into a warm hug, one that Blakely quickly returned.

"It's nice to see you again too. Thanks for having me."

"Thank you for coming." Katie was so warm and welcoming to Blakely, something she wasn't used to in a family environment. Gracie grabbed blakelts wrist, pulling her into the house. Katie was still on a hugging spree, welcoming Abby and Boston in with hugs.

Gracie guided Blakely into the kitchen, her dad and two brothers stood around the kitchen island, four board games were on the table.

"Why don't we wait and see what the others say?" Jj asked his two sons, august grabbed a box and pulled it towards him.

"I still think we should play Rummikub." He stated, Henry and JJ noticed the two girls enter the room but the 17 year olds back was turned.

"Me too, so I can kick your butt like last time." Gracie said grabbing his shoulder. August jumped a little bit quickly tied to cover it

"No it's so I can beat you this time!" August instantly defended, trying to pull away from his older sisters arms that were hugging him.

"Not happing Auggie" Gracie giggled

JJ had walked over to Blakely while the siblings bickered. "Blakely, welcome to my home" he said, offering a hug that Blakely excepted

"Thank you, it's lovely" she responded "also thank you for having me and my brother tonight for dinner."