MOTHER DAUGHTER WEEKEND

BELLY
My alarm goes off at 7am, mom and i have to leave in an hour. I wake up tired, but rested enough. we got back at about midnight, i got 7 hours of sleep, which is enough for one night. I shower, then put on my clothes for the day. jeans and my bright orange sweater, i put my hair in a pony tail, and then pack my clothes for the weekend. Its nearly 7:45 when i go downstaires.

"good morning mom" i greet her

"morning to you too" she smiles at me
"you almost ready?" she asks.

"Yeah i am, just need shoes" i reply putting on my red boots. I tuck my jeans into the boots, i always feel like it looks weird if theyre over the boots. We put our stuff in the trunk.

"so coffee and breakfast stop along the way? i know i need it" mom tells me.

"that would be appreciated" i nod in agreement, and she chuckles.

"heres the plan for the day, we should get to cousins around 930ish. The signing starts at 1130, so that will give us two hours to get set up" mom starts.

"Well need to set up the table, and chairs, bring in the boxes from the trunk, put the table cloth on, hang the signs outfront, and post on the bookstores facebook page. Cleveland is meeting us there with the table and chairs, hell help set up too. After the signing and photos are done at 2, i figure well go to the clubhouse for lunch, do some shopping for a bit, before heading back to the house" she tells me.

"That sounds like a good plan," i nod in agreement.

"Hey cleveland wants to take me out to dinner tonight, but from what ive heard from the boys, you havnt been doing well by yourself. Youre welcome to come with us if you want" mom looks at me.

I sigh before answering.
"ill be okay, ill keep the doors locked, and facetime jere or taylor. maybe shayla can comeover" i reply.

"Are you sure? i dont want my baby girl feeling unsafe, since the thing happened on the deck to the house" mom replies.

"Ill be okay, ive been doing good with the nightmares lately," i reassure her

"okay, ill trust you" she sighs.

Conrad never replied to the message i sent last night. He still hasnt replied to it this morning, but maybe hes not awake yet. Perhaps all the studyings caught up with him, and hes getting some much needed sleep i tell myself. I have to think like that, because the alternatives are so much worse. We stop at starbucks, and get breakfast and coffee. i got a hot white chocolate mocha. Mom got plain black with sugars.

"so you given any thought of where you might go to school? or what you want to study?" she asks.

"Ive narrowed it down to two degrees, either communications and public relations, or marketing, maybe art for funsies. Im going to be conrad fishers trophy wife though" i laugh

"does he know this?" she gives me a look

"yes, and hes in full support" i reply. "You should do communications and public relations" mom says.

"You think so?" i say excited

"i do, even if you are a trophy wife. you could do so many volunteer opportunitys with your degree" she tells me.

"Yeah thatd be fun, id love to organize an annual fundraiser someday in cousins, in susannahs name for cancer reasearch" i tell her.

"Awe belly thats really sweet, shed love that. She always loved big events, and parties like that" mom smiles fondly.

"As for colleges, brown obviously. although conrad recently told me brown was his 3rd choice, behind stanford, u penn, princeton, and yale. He said hed go wherever i wanted to go though" i tell her.